Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 04-10-2008, 09:30 PM   #61
Spanrz
Hmmmmmmm!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3-STROKER
its still Boom time for the coal
Yeah. I know of a place, just south west of Mackay, called Isaac Plains.
Pulling Coal out there like it's going out of fashion. (Cook's Constructions)

Coal's just going nuts at the moment.
Spanrz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2008, 09:52 PM   #62
.bazz.
MFP s/c 290BOSS GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by HI PSI
I'm looking for some work also....

I've been working in the mining sector here in Qld for the last 4-5 Years. Started by doing Dragline shutdowns then went into building Coal wash plants with Thiess Sedgman. I came back to a normal town job for the family and am now single... Go figure.. So, I am now looking to work away again... Could you possibly offer me any assistance with contact email addresses and telephone numbers.

Anyway i have 2 years in construction, Driving Franna's, Erection of structual Steel, piping and mechanicals. iam multiple tickets and competencies. here is a brief list

Non slew crane
Eevated work platform
Dozer
Loader
Forklift
Telehandler
Gantry crane
Intermediate rigger
Workplace Health and Safety Officer (Construction)
Working @ heights cert
Confined Space cert

I am a reliable person who isn't scared of hard work.
I am currently working for CQ cranes in Rockhampton Qld. I really need to recover financially from my seperation...

I am willing to anything...
Please consider...

Regards Brad
go to dalby 211km west of brisbane,2 big construction projects starting now.i fly in /fly out to gove in northern territory some of the boys here have finish up here and starting there now.

2007 BF MK2 XR6 TURBO UTE-winter white, y/t airbox, 60" injectors, herrod fuel pump, pwr intercooler, hot side pipe kit,CES exhaust.432rwhp 13psi http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11329995

2006 BF MK1 FPV GT-silhouette, 6sp manual, 4/4 brembo's, whipple 2.9L, custom MFP supercharger kit, hurricane exhaust, 3:73 ratio, eaton tru-trac

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
.bazz. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2008, 10:12 PM   #63
watejs06
I belong in an AU
Donating Member3

I don't know if you or anyone for that fact is looking to start something different, however if you are than do some research on Non - Destructive testing, that is what i do. the basic of it is that in this job you test metals and welds for defects (welders worst enemy) using tools like ultrasonic sound (ut) , Radiography x - ray (RT) , Magnetic particle (MT) , dye penetrate (PT) . these are the 4 basic methods.

A good place to start is www.attar.com.au they do all NDT training.

There is a HUGE shortage of NDT techs all around Australia so if your looking for something new it could be an option. plus the cash is great.

just thought id put that out there.

Current Ford: XH II XR8 UTE Manual, N9 Blue, EL GT wheels - 347ci, AFR185's, Edelbrock RPM II, LINK ECU, Factory T5.

Previously:
- T3 TE50 No: 179
- T3 TE50 No: 125
- AU XLS Trayback V8
- AU XR6 Manual
- FG 5.4L Kenne bell SC
- 05 BA 2 GTP
- AU 2 XR8 sedan
- XD 351C
- EL Fairlane By Tickford
- EL Fairmont TKO 5 speed

Last edited by watejs06; 04-10-2008 at 10:14 PM. Reason: spelling mistake