Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 11-11-2008, 09:08 PM   #1
maldugs

Unhappy 2008 LX Fiesta side mirrors

Hi, I bought my wife a LX 4 door Auto Fiesta 2 months ago, she loves the car, but hates the side mirrors which are convex and show the rear view further away than it really is...my question..can the mirrors be replaced with normal view mirrors which show the true distance? Would appreciate any input, as this problem has taken the enjoyment out of buying her the car, I don't really mind the mirrors when I am driving it.

Regards Mal.

maldugs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2008, 10:23 PM   #2
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

From memory, convex side mirrors are an ADR requirement now. No doubt u could get some custom made by windscreen company should you want to though.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:47 AM   #3
johnc
FG XR6 5A

Give it some time. Took me a while to get used to them on my Fiesta, but after a while you realise how much more you can see; practically eliminates blind spots. I'm going to try and get the convex driver's side mirror for my FG Falcon.
johnc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post