Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-04-2009, 02:31 AM   #1
GTENVY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Fuel tank for HZ

Hi guys,

a mate I work with is trying to find a fuel tank to suit a HZ holden sedan. Any ideas where he could get one?? Does anyone makes reproduction tanks??

Cheers in advance.

Live, Love, RACE

SOLD: AU III XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
cars are to be driven, ornaments are to be looked at. the two should never be confused.
GTENVY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2009, 08:36 AM   #2
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

There must still be plenty laying around in wrecking yards, what's wrong with one of those?

Failing that, a custom drop tank would probably be your only option.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2009, 10:05 AM   #3
ZA-289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah, I'd imagine you'd find one pretty easy at the wreckers. Not a highly soughtafter Item. My mate has one you could of had if you were in SA.
ZA-289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2009, 11:51 AM   #4
GTENVY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My mate has found all of the ones he has found at wreckers so far are pretty rusty. mmmm, I guess it'll be down to ringing around and hope for the best.

Live, Love, RACE

Quote:
cars are to be driven, ornaments are to be looked at. the two should never be confused.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:29 PM   #5
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Good ones at wreckers would be getting a bit scarce now I would think. If the existing one is repairable, perhaps that is an option, otherwise a custom made one would be the next option (Brown & Davies in Vic repair and manufacture tanks).
Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2009, 10:48 PM   #6
GTENVY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Ghia
Good ones at wreckers would be getting a bit scarce now I would think. If the existing one is repairable, perhaps that is an option, otherwise a custom made one would be the next option (Brown & Davies in Vic repair and manufacture tanks).
Don't have a number for them do you??

Live, Love, RACE

Quote:
Old 18-04-2009, 11:15 PM   #7
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTENVY
Don't have a number for them do you??
Brown Davis Automotive, 9762 8722, the guy you probably need to speak to is Kevin.
Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post