Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 03-05-2009, 11:56 PM   #1
redauxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Spark plug/leads tutorial

Can somone give me instructions to change spark plugs/leads on an AU XR8 please

Thanks guys

redauxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2009, 12:36 AM   #2
5L
[ 5L ]

leads are a simple pull one off completely at time then replace it straight away before you pull the next one off. so you dont get them mixed up.

i havnt done the spark plugs yet on my 5L but it cant be too hard, ill be doing it when i recieve my MSD gear in the post.

just find the right socket and unscrew them, making sure to keep it as straight as possible so not damage the thread, and when screwing the new ones in do not overtighten them.

ive done the leads before when i replaced my standard ones with topgun and they are easy on the V8's just did the leads today on my gf's ef 4L and that was the biggest paint in the bum. worst than what my eb 4L was. the coil pack on the ef's goes all the back to the same length as cylinder no 5 i think and is a pain to reach the last two.

when removing the leads just pull them till the pop off, dont pull them up or down. just pull them straight. when replacing them push down till they make a pop sound. or till you feel it pop on it feels like air is being pushed out of the lead. im guessing it is just to make a proper seal from the spark plug and the lead.
[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
5L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2009, 02:14 AM   #3
dreadly
Banned

http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11244844 :evil3:
dreadly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post