Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-05-2009, 10:49 PM   #1
FPVF6X189
FPV F6X

Default Just Need A Rant

just need to relieve some stress some low life mongrel just threw a can at my car leaving a nice dent in the boot now i gotta pay $500 excess to get it fixed : : :

Old 12-05-2009, 10:58 PM   #2
MrXr6Tickford
AU Club Mod

Was it a passer by? Or someone from a car?

Did you get there rego?

Click Here
MrXr6Tickford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2009, 10:59 PM   #3
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

I wouldn't bother going through insurance for something like that. Depends on the damage though I suppose.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2009, 11:01 PM   #4
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

How bad is the damage??

Perhaps you can arrange the repair yourself for similar money to the excess and not tarnish your NCB?
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2009, 11:02 PM   #5
FPVF6X189
FPV F6X

i was stationary at lights and whoever did it turned left and cause i had car in front couldnt go anywhere didnt realise what happened straight heard loud bang looked behind thought i might of got a soft hit from car behind but nothing then i saw can roll under the car next to me
Old 12-05-2009, 11:03 PM   #6
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You could try paintless dent repair ,that is if the paints not damaged
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2009, 11:05 PM   #7
FPVF6X189
FPV F6X

right next to the ford badge on boot bout 15cm long and bout 10cm wide fairly deep im gonna go with insurance i figure i have been paying for it im gonna use it.im predicting it will be at $1200 hundred as im going to be requesting a new boot im not having no bog job that will crack after closing the boot to often
Old 12-05-2009, 11:31 PM   #8
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

only problem insurance will raise your premium so you will pay for it anyway.
I would get paintess dent repair place to have a look ive seen them do so pretty tricky jobs .
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2009, 11:42 PM   #9
Scott

Fair excuse for a rant unfortunatley. Insurance won't suffer if you have discount for life. I think anything close to or above your premium should be put through insurance - if anything goes wrong you don't need to be the one getting your hands dirty arguing with a repair shop.

Hope it gets sorted soon mate.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2009, 11:45 PM   #10
FPVF6X189
FPV F6X

yea i already told insurance im not settling for some half a55ed job.plus i might even go with with spoilerless boot option now
Old 13-05-2009, 12:55 AM   #11
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

I'd agree with SNAPPY84. Paintless dent repair is exactly that. A dent repair that doesn't need repainting, so it's no half a55ed job with bog. It can't hurt to ring them and get them to look and quote. Never know, you mightn't have to pay out the $500 excess, unless you're feeling rather wealthy
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2009, 09:12 AM   #12
Springfield_Johny

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGODRIVEN
right next to the ford badge on boot bout 15cm long and bout 10cm wide fairly deep im gonna go with insurance i figure i have been paying for it im gonna use it.im predicting it will be at $1200 hundred as im going to be requesting a new boot im not having no bog job that will crack after closing the boot to often

Its usually part of your insurance contract or "Product Disclosure Statement" that the insurance company chooses the method of repair. This is usually the cheapest/time effective means. We'd all like to have brand new parts on our cars should they suffer minor damage rather than having them effectively repaired, but we don't want to be paying more than double our current insurance premiums either.

If your concerns are that the bog will crack from opening/closing the boot, check to see if your insurance company offers a "lifetime guarantee". Most of the big companies do, so if this becomes an issue in a few years, take it back to them.

Boots can be a little difficult to repair as the repairs may still be visable from the inside as you may still be able to see the dent from the underside as its not like a guard or door where you can't see the inside part of the panel. If your insurance company do decide to repair rather than replace, check the boot lid on both sides to ensure that you are happy & raise any concerns with the repairer immediately. If you have no success contact your insurance company.

John

Daily drive 2010 Mitsubishi triton single cab turbo diesel

1968 XT Falcon (project yet to be started)
Springfield_Johny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2009, 02:53 PM   #13
Paddyboy

Hey mate I know how you feel, I was driving my xr6 home with a few mates around 2am in hawthorn and a jeep drove past and threw a brick at my car, hit the drivers door and putting a huge dent plus paint damage, i chased the car and got rego and went straight to a police station, they took care of it ( I even went back and found the brick to show the blue paint flecks on it) and the driver got charged, he had a car full of drunk mates. I still had to claim it through insurance but didnt pay excess. Im lucky the brick didnt go through my windscreen and hit me or my mates. oh and we did nothing to provoke it either.
Old 13-05-2009, 04:24 PM   #14
ea90gl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

when the cars getting repaired make sure to stress lots about correct paint matching and make sure they know you are super fussy. Some of the repair jobs Ive seen look shocking, it's as if half the painters out there think people are dumb and wont notice which unfortunately is true for many people but them knowing you know what to look for helps. Ive always said to repair shops "I'll probably get my cousins, one a beater, one a sprayer (which is true) to go over the job once it's done"
ea90gl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2009, 04:51 PM   #15
alecrain
'03 BA XT

Unhappy

Quote:
just need to relieve some stress some low life mongrel just threw a can at my car leaving a nice dent in the boot now i gotta pay $500 excess to get it fixed : : :

I feel for you mate, what a terrible thing to do to someone's property. : : : :

Beautiful Photography Blog

2003 BA XT
IMPCO SVI - TYPHOON CAI +XR6T snorkel - K&N Panel Filter - DBA Slotties - Tint

1998 Toyota Landcruiser Prado

www.bseries.com.au/alecrain

Quote:
People that drive slower than ME are BAD DRIVERS,
People that drive faster are IDIOTS
alecrain is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2009, 05:45 PM   #16
LOCO XP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yeah go with insurance, $1200 hundred ($120,000) is a lot more than the excess, that's even more than eleventy-ten dollars. Just kidding mate, it really sucks, probably some clown on a vendetta to try and settle the whole Ford vs Holden thing or a jealous disrespectful clown trying to make themselves feel less worthless. Another vote for vigilante justice.
LOCO XP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2009, 06:28 PM   #17
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Come on karma!
What goes around will hopefully come around, and the mongrel that threw the can will get their come uppance.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2009, 06:33 PM   #18
PimpMyHubcap
You wanna do what??

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Article supplied on BA IRS oil change 

Quote:
Just a question?? How do you control yourself after these things happen??

I dont know whether I would be able to and would probably need counselling :

Cheers
Mick
PimpMyHubcap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2009, 06:42 PM   #19
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just a tip, that almost all panel beaters will charge you a quote fee if you're not going through insurance. This is refunded though if you end up using them for the work.

In my case I needed a new bumper skin and my excess is huge. The work ended up costing $874 to replace bumper skin and spray. This is not a Ford but is an indicator how such a small job can be expensive.

I ended up only getting one quote because @ $130 an average quote and on a job that small I was not going to really save any money or possibly end up losing money.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2009, 01:48 AM   #20
FPVF6X189
FPV F6X

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOCO XP
Yeah go with insurance, $1200 hundred ($120,000) is a lot more than the excess, that's even more than eleventy-ten dollars. Just kidding mate, it really sucks, probably some clown on a vendetta to try and settle the whole Ford vs Holden thing or a jealous disrespectful clown trying to make themselves feel less worthless. Another vote for vigilante justice.
lol i didnt even notice that i did that, i was probaly still pi55ed off but its all taken care of now im paying the $500 excess and the repairers have told me i will be getting a new boot i have opted for the spoilerless version now and insurance company said if im not happy with paint job to take it back, then if still not happy i can take it elsewhere so and the car will be ready in two days only downside is driving my brothers vy ss for two days
Old 14-05-2009, 01:52 AM   #21
FPVF6X189
FPV F6X

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpMyHubcap
Just a question?? How do you control yourself after these things happen??

I dont know whether I would be able to and would probably need counselling :

Cheers
Mick
had the missus in the car and she had just given birth to our baby a few days before so i didnt really want to put her through to much stress, but at same time i would love to have caught up with whoever did it
Old 14-05-2009, 10:25 PM   #22
nfury8

Just pay cash for it seriously would be surprised if its worth getting insurance involved as they will up your premium quicker than you can say holy shi........
nfury8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2009, 05:38 PM   #23
EDManual
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had some one climb over my car and jump on the roof. Nice. 1 year old car.
EDManual is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post