Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 12:57 PM   #1
gtfpv
GT

Default why do mods close . threads in this section that arent car related . and not politica

i think some mods need to re read the rules of the forum . i dont know if they can close any thread at thi'yre discretion . but i dont have a high ratio of non car related posts , but quite a few of my thread topics get closed . while others seem to be able to start threads like "" WHO WEARS A WATCH" ?
and it is allowed to flourish with almost a "STICKY" status .
i sense a little bit of discrimination .
lets see how long this thread lasts . IN THE BAR ( THAT IS ) .

Old 02-06-2009, 12:59 PM   #2
FPV GT40
Banned

It will be closed before you know it

I have noticed the same, some will be closed in a flash while other rubbish will be allowed to fourish :

I doubt this will last out the day :
Old 02-06-2009, 01:01 PM   #3
enforcer_xr8
Starter Motor

Im with you guys too.. you look back over the ones closed and theres no reason for most of them
Old 02-06-2009, 01:09 PM   #4
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

I will quote Laminge here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
This has been a long time coming, but of late we seem to have new members joining only to post links to clips, or just general gibberish that has no bearing on the nature of these forums - FORD. While this site provides the Bar environment for general off topic chat we are disappointed to see that these people are not participating in other sections of the site and are using the bar as some sort of free chat environment, better suited to MSN or IRC.

The same off topic posts that have inhabited the Bar are now starting to appear in the other topic areas and this limits the enjoyment of those who frequent these areas as they have to wade through the irrelevant material to find what they actually want to discuss.

The web is a magical source of entertainment, and we have no issue with some off topic discussions being raised and enjoyed by participating members but to limit your contribution to the bar is a habit that we don't wish to encourage.

There are endless discussions forums available to accommodate those with a desire to discuss karma polls, dating and what is the best sauce! A quick trawl through the search engines will find enthusiast groups on everything from a Toast (yes warmed bread!) discussion group to the life of the Angel fish.

The Management Team of Ford Forums has therefore 2 options available. Shut the BAR down or start moderating and closing threads started by those who otherwise contribute nothing to the overall Ford Forums community. We have (at this stage) opted for the 2nd option as we believe the BAR provides a needed social adjunct to the general forum experience.
I also believe that you gtfpv should maybe read the site T&C yourself before posting such things.

If you really do have an issue with something the take it to PM as per said site T&C.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Old 02-06-2009, 09:28 PM   #5
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Take head of the above post as it is will be a focus again after some of the recent dribble being posted.

Some wonder why their reputation is so low.....
Closed Thread