Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-06-2009, 09:03 AM   #61
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

And one of the best sales tactics Ford could do in the current climate is a full five year factory warranty and/or free scheduled servicing for x amount of years...
Old 02-06-2009, 09:04 AM   #62
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers
Dale are my local dealer - I go there for servicing, and they've been really good to me.
I developed a clunk in the back of the car, and though it was well out of warranty they pulled the back axle out, checked the diff over (found nothing wrong), tightened everything up and put it back in and didn't charge me a cent.

Never heard the clunking noise again either.

Nice to hear feathers.
Who's your service advisor there?

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2009, 09:20 AM   #63
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

How naive are some people?

For pittys sake, you play without the assumption you,re on you,re own come warranty claim on the power train (or any other modified area of the vehicle) then you,re going to end up sucking eggs.

Rocket science this stuff is not.

John Bowe FPV days ARE NOT full tilt track days, FAR from it.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2009, 09:22 AM   #64
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews
And one of the best sales tactics Ford could do in the current climate is a full five year factory warranty and/or free scheduled servicing for x amount of years...

How about this --------- offer the cars for sale with no warranty --------- with a purchase price comensorate with that scenario.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:28 AM   #65
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My dealer told me i had an issue with my diff at a routine service and replaced it without me ever complaining or pointing out the problem in the first place...
They could easily have let it go and survived past the end of the warranty period but they were proactive and get my loyalty as a result.

Old 02-06-2009, 09:32 AM   #66
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
Someone actually did that? Unbelievable.

The ford guy Marty was telling me of a BF XR6T that had a destroyed engine after 30,000klm (this was before they could read the pcm's for flash evidence), and Ford refused the warranty. When the customer mounted a legal challenge (letter of demand etc, legal correspondence), Ford basically referred him to youtube which featured his runs, dyno work with outputs and listed modifications. Subsequently his challenge was withdrawn and he had a mates workshop carry out the repairs.
What a goose!! : : :

No mods is a no brainer for warranty compliance and it looks like you have to be right on the interval for services. Sounds too much like common sense to me.

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2009, 09:44 AM   #67
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex
How about this --------- offer the cars for sale with no warranty --------- with a purchase price comensorate with that scenario.
I am sure that would be great for the brand.... Shout we have no confidence in our products from the rafters.... :togo:
Old 02-06-2009, 09:50 AM   #68
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews
I am sure that would be great for the brand.... Shout we have no confidence in our products from the rafters.... :togo:
Yes.. great way to dumb the product image down...

Old 02-06-2009, 09:53 AM   #69
tex
Broken

You dills - I mean for those that want to play modification.

Sometimes 4v you need to get off that high horse my friend.....

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:56 AM   #70
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex
You dills - I mean for those that want to play modification.

Sometimes 4v you need to get off that high horse my friend.....
Ford couldnt (and shouldnt) give a hoot about people interested in modifying their cars... Those sales are only a small % of the big picture for them, to offer a product without warranty would most likely be illegal under consumer law anyway, and send a bad massage to consumers about their product quality, people can already buy cars without warranty, just modify it and poof!! warranty gone!!!.

Last edited by 4Vman; 02-06-2009 at 10:01 AM.
4Vman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2009, 09:57 AM   #71
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
My dealer told me i had an issue with my diff at a routine service and replaced it without me ever complaining or pointing out the problem in the first place...
They could easily have let it go and survived past the end of the warranty period but they were proactive and get my loyalty as a result.
Exactly the kind of service I receive too 4Vman. I've never had an issue with service at ford and have never really had a moment when I've thought to myself; "Gee, that's a bit expensive". I must admit that I'm very lucky as I have a great service advisor (Jorge) at Dale and a fantastic mechanic who is extremely thorough. I've often had stuff fixed under warranty that I didn't even know about. Sometime, even if a vehicle is out of warranty they'll still fix it.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2009, 10:30 AM   #72
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Now I do not know what is funnier.

Members on a public forum openly discussing commiting fraud against the Ford Motor Company OR discussing publicly the methodology they use.

AFF is frequently read by Ford staff and it is not very hard to work out who most of the members are in real life.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2009, 10:32 AM   #73
cant
CANT !!!!!!!!

There is so many options you can get ( um, PAY for ) on a new car,
and not that it should be advertised either,
but i agree with TEX,
why should you HAVE to pay for something that you are only going to void on the first day?

Not getting the warranty could be a cost reducing option

Better to be late, than
VERY LATE !!!! :

YEAH HA !!!!!!!!
cant is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2009, 10:35 AM   #74
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cant
but i agree with TEX,
why should you HAVE to pay for something that you are only going to void on the first day?

Not really, the warranty is mandatory - to sell a car in Australia you must warrant it. There is no point offering a car for sale without a warranty because a) Ford cannot legally do it and b) those who dont care about warranty will modify the car anyway, why should they sign a form saying this?
Old 02-06-2009, 10:37 AM   #75
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cant
but i agree with TEX,

Why would Ford bother? its a no win for them, they loose income and cop the bad wrap of product perception... The people who'd buy without a warranty would be the same ones screaming blue murder about poor product quality to their dealer or on forums like this....

"why wont my I6T hold together with 1000 RWKW's and 27lb boost.. bloody ford quality sucks, ford service sucks, my dealer sucks, the world sucks.."...

Old 02-06-2009, 10:51 AM   #76
cant
CANT !!!!!!!!

Ok, I do see your points, thanks for sharing.

Am very happy with my FORDS,
and hear feed back via friends from people ive never met about my ute.
The ute is good advertising for the brand, FORD

"why wont my I6T hold together with 1000 RWKW's and 27lb boost.. bloody ford quality sucks, ford service sucks, my dealer sucks, the world sucks.."...

AND PEOPLE LIKE THAT SUCK !

Better to be late, than
VERY LATE !!!! :

YEAH HA !!!!!!!!
cant is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2009, 11:18 AM   #77
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
Nice to hear feathers.
Who's your service advisor there?
Domenick.

Nice guy, listens to what you say, and is straight on the phone if they find anything they need further approval for.
My front brakes were low at the last service, and he explained the costs involved with the service guys replacing the pads. It was something like $600!!
I said I was aware of it, and since my father is a licenced mechanic, we'd do them ourselves. He agreed that was what he'd do too because their price was just ridiulous.

Even when I arrived with Dad's ute he still remembered me as the owner of the "sinister" XR6.

Ian in new car sales is a great bloke too. He was still happy to give us a test drive in a G6E even though he knew we had no intention of buying one.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford

Last edited by Feathers; 02-06-2009 at 11:25 AM.
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2009, 11:24 AM   #78
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers
Domenick.

Nice guy, listens to what you say, and is straight on the phone if they find anything they need further approval for.
My front brakes were low at the last service, and he explained the costs involved with the service guys replacing the pads. It was something like $600!!
I said I was aware of it, and since my father is a licenced mechanic, we'd do them ourselves. He agreed that was what he'd do too because their price was just ridiulous.

Even when I arrived with Dad's ute he still remembered me as the owner of the "sinister" XR6.
Don't know him, unless he's that gothic guy with the pony tail. Do you mean David? If so, he's now gone to Tynans.

Quote: