Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 03-06-2009, 08:03 PM   #31
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason[98.EL]
can i ask what this thread is about i have lost all the good will ect. that was here and now i see a fight over what aircraft is better

i think people need to take a chill pill and focus on what is the real issue here that 228 people lost thier lives

i dont care what aircraft it was or what is better the fact is people have lost thier lives and there is a heap of people that no longer have a family member around

Jason

okay.
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2009, 08:35 PM   #32
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats really scary.

RIP to all on board
Jack91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2009, 09:08 PM   #33
Pinch
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

RG, While I agree that the main issue here is the tragic loss of life, the conseqences and impacts on families and friends the like I cannot imagine, I must say the arguments in this thread do generally make interesting reading.

The peripheral issue here is aircraft safety, which as a lay person I don't know much about. I for one would like to see continued, well argued debate about airline/aircraft safety as I am becomming more of a frequent flyer, and I suppose that's why I come to The Bar and looked at this thread - apart from first expressing my sincere condolences.

Almost kick off now so...
Old 03-06-2009, 09:18 PM   #34
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinch
RG, While I agree that the main issue here is the tragic loss of life, the conseqences and impacts on families and friends the like I cannot imagine, I must say the arguments in this thread do generally make interesting reading.

The peripheral issue here is aircraft safety, which as a lay person I don't know much about. I for one would like to see continued, well argued debate about airline/aircraft safety as I am becomming more of a frequent flyer, and I suppose that's why I come to The Bar and looked at this thread - apart from first expressing my sincere condolences.

Almost kick off now so...
The time for debate will come, right now though is the time for condolences.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2009, 09:44 PM   #35
cool65
carefactor zero

Ouch! 6 degrees of separation. The French company (Sonepar) that just a few months ago bought my wife's employer - Hagemeyer Electrical -(L&H Elec. wholesale- FPV sponsor & L&H 500 Phillip Island naming sponsor) had 10 of their execs on board. Sadder part is that 9 of them took their wives on the "trip of a lifetime/junket" to South America R.I.P.
cool65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2009, 09:50 PM   #36
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool65
Ouch! 6 degrees of separation. The French company (Sonepar) that just a few months ago bought my wife's employer - Hagemeyer Electrical -(L&H Elec. wholesale- FPV sponsor & L&H 500 Phillip Island naming sponsor) had 10 of their execs on board. Sadder part is that 9 of them took their wives on the "trip of a lifetime/junket" to South America R.I.P.
RIP

And that trip was a reward for high performance

A tragic story indeed. Here hoping the NTSB retrieves the famous black box (an Aussie invention by the way) asap and the cause of crash is determined
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2009, 11:05 PM   #37
NC1183
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

R I P

to all involved

With the "black box", its going to take the likes of the guys who found the Titanic to find and recover it, from what i've read about the depth and currents etc.

2005 FPV BF Super Pursuit

The new toy (now sold)
The SP

The old ute (sold)
www.aufalcon.com/nc1183

Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6T
If you look closely you can see the remains of a Hyundai excel that’s been sucked into the intake.
about the pic of 'CHOP YA' F6
NC1183 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2009, 11:58 PM   #38
Spanrz
Hmmmmmmm!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1183
With the "black box", its going to take the likes of the guys who found the Titanic to find and recover it, from what i've read about the depth and currents etc.
Sea floor is approx 5,000 Metres down (where the plane crashed). Titanic was around 3,800 Metres down.

The black box manufacturer, is surely hoping to mad that the specs live up to their name. About another few hundred metres down and forget about it.
It would take them nearly a good working day, to get down to the sea floor.
Let alone the weather issues, it could take weeks to get a good chance to find them (if anything).
How many deep sea ops/expeditions do you see go smoothly on the first attempt. Just hope this one can be many of a "first's".

Seen the remnants of 9/11, 9 weeks after it happened. Pretty scary seeing what a couple of planes can do, when in the wrong hands.
Makes ya gut churn from the devastation.

Just heard off the wife (from a TV report), there was the possibilty of a bomb scare a few days before this fateful flight. Smoking gun?
Spanrz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2009, 12:20 AM   #39
Mickxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG
The time for debate will come, right now though is the time for condolences.
--- + 1 ---
Mickxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post