Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 20-07-2009, 12:27 PM   #1
gussteinberger
Starter Motor

Default LS/LT Focus - Door parts

Hi everyone.

I few weeks ago my wife scratched/dented the driver's door while turning the car (2006 Focus Zetec) in the garage and this weekend I have replaced the entire door with one I got from the wreckers. As a result, I have a complete driver's door sitting in my garage, with all the internals (glass and electric window mechanism, lock mechanism, lock and electric window module, speaker, door handle, etc) in perfect working condition. Nothing has been damaged other than the door itself, so in case anyone is after any door parts, please send me a PM.

In case anyone needs any other Focus part, I got the door from Mazford, in Revesby (Sydney). They are currently wrecking a Focus Tdci that was hit on the back after doing only 600kms!

Last edited by gussteinberger; 20-07-2009 at 12:34 PM.
gussteinberger is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2009, 05:10 PM   #2
leakey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Great find! Is the window electrics for (4) x power windows or just two?

Did your new door come with door card? If so, what could I grab the old door card for?
I'm keen to start playing around a little, but am nervous about using my own at this point.

Cheers, Mark
Old 20-07-2009, 06:22 PM   #3
gussteinberger
Starter Motor

Hi, Leakey. The electrics are for a 4 x power windows (Zetec spec). I'm not sure what you mean by door card, but the only parts that didn't come with the new door are the internal door trim (including the windows and mirrors command) and the door mirror. Both these items didn't match my car's originals, so I didn't get them with the door.

Cheers
Old 20-07-2009, 07:24 PM   #4
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The TDCI has a large metal plate bolted to the inside of the door frame under the trim which has the window regulator attached to it. It covers virtually all the inside of the door frame and has the speakers attached to it. That is probably what Leaky means by "door card"?
PS. the genuine trim tabs are about $5 each, so try not to break them removing the trim.( there is 9 of them on the front door)
marg99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2009, 09:03 PM   #5
BlackLS
yum

The door card is the plastic door trim.

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2009, 10:52 PM   #6
leakey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bugger! thanks Gus' but the plastic trim and the electric switches are what I'm chasing. I may take a trip out before she gets picked over too much. Thanks for posting that.

Marg' thats interesting regards the plate. I assume all Foci have it? I'll bear that
in mind when converting my rears to power. I was going to go for one of those
aftermarket Itallian universal kits. But maybe I should go genuine second hand.
Old 21-07-2009, 02:00 PM   #7
gussteinberger
Starter Motor

I can confirm that both the Zetec and the TDCI have the metal plate bolted to the inside of the door frame and I take it as a safe bet that this is standard for every Focus. The electric motor that moves the window up and down is also attached to the metal plate.

While I was replacing the door, I took a few pictures that show the inside of the door. I'll try to post them here tonight.

Gus
Old 22-07-2009, 09:46 PM   #8
gussteinberger
Starter Motor