Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 08-08-2005, 12:31 AM   #31
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
Yeah because CRC then call me and I find out for them if possible. I assure you guys though that the Dealers quite often have nothing more to go by than "August", as there is no ETA given from the shipping company until it is actually on board a vessel, which is out of our control. We order the cars to arrive and then once the vehicle is placed upon a vessel, within a few days we have a rough ETA for when it will dock, then allowing time to clear customs, when it might arrive in the Dealership.

I believe those getting "August" MAY know more within the next few days if there has been another vessel that has just left Durban with their vehicle on board, but keep at it with your Dealer and they'll be certain to let you know as soon as they possibly can. They hate not having info for you as much as you hate not hearing updates I can assure you!!!
Thanks for clearing that up Matt. This was the sort of thing I was getting at, although I probably didnt get my point across too well :.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:39 PM   #32
losfp

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I believe those getting "August" MAY know more within the next few days if there has been another vessel that has just left Durban with their vehicle on board, but keep at it with your Dealer and they'll be certain to let you know as soon as they possibly can. They hate not having info for you as much as you hate not hearing updates I can assure you!!!
I hope you're right, zetec!

I just called the customer service number with my sido number, but they don't have any additional information either. Fingers crossed that they are loading my CL sedan onto a boat about now....
losfp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2005, 09:16 PM   #33
dazza_1011

Hi all i am new to this forum

i too have ordered a new focus
i am getting a cx hatch, silver, manual. i am getting the smooth pack and getting the door handles and side bars colour coded.

my dealer has tried to find out the eta but all i know at the moment is that it is on a boat. wether the boat has just left or soon to arrive i have no idea all i know is that it is on a boat.

i am getting some aftermarket wheels but apparently they are not all that easy to get because of the offset or something. my dealer is looking for me but i was wondering if anyone is doing the same and can tell me what styles they have found and where from?? and also how much??
dazza_1011 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2005, 09:30 PM   #34
murph
Starter Motor

Hi All

Another new member ordered my Focus Zetec at the end of July, last update from my dealer on Friday was that it would be here on Thursday 11th August. Fingers crossed it will be here.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:40 PM   #35
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazza_1011
i am getting some aftermarket wheels but apparently they are not all that easy to get because of the offset or something. my dealer is looking for me but i was wondering if anyone is doing the same and can tell me what styles they have found and where from?? and also how much??
Tempe Tyres can custom drill rims to any vehicle, so long as the rims have a centre cap.

www.tempetyres.com.au

I think it's like $85 landed on your doorstep anywhere in the country for the set? Only issue I see is finding out the offset and PCD of the new Focus. If anyone finds this out, please post it!

To all you new members of the forums, lucky enough to be waiting on your new cars, welcome to Australian Ford Forums and happy posting!

Tim

Last edited by Timmeh; 08-08-2005 at 09:46 PM.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2005, 12:01 AM   #36
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:
Originally Posted by murph
Hi All

Another new member ordered my Focus Zetec at the end of July, last update from my dealer on Friday was that it would be here on Thursday 11th August. Fingers crossed it will be here.
Welcome! I was told exactly the same thing from my dealer with the same model (Zetec) as well. Are you in SA?
Old 15-08-2005, 10:41 AM   #37
losfp

Quote:
Hi All

Any luck with that Zetec, Murph? I saw my 2nd LS Focus "live" yesterday! Driving out of the carpark that is the Sydney Olympic Park precinct after the Swans game... Saw a silver CL hatch drive past on Australia Ave (while I was waiting to turn right onto it!)
losfp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2005, 03:17 PM   #38
Yetiboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by losfp
Any luck with that Zetec, Murph? I saw my 2nd LS Focus "live" yesterday! Driving out of the carpark that is the Sydney Olympic Park precinct after the Swans game... Saw a silver CL hatch drive past on Australia Ave (while I was waiting to turn right onto it!)
Its not all doom & gloom, I orderd a Black Zetec from a dealer in Brisbane with a fixed delivery date, It didnt work out as the car was not even in the country, They just promised the date to get my deposit. Canceled order when car didnt turn up. Rang around on the saturday, found 1 dealer who had 1 coming in on the Monday, placed a deposit & picked it up on the Wednesday. Hows that for service, & they even beat the other dealers price by an extra $800. The cars well worth the trouble.
If your having delivery problems, ring around, theres a Ford dealer in nearly every suburb, All wanting to sell you a car
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2005, 04:13 PM   #39
whippet_zetec
Supes

I was at one of the Ford dealers in my area on Saturday and I can tell you they had stock of the "new" focus in their holding yards.....steel rimmed

colours were the light blue, and silver.....
Old 15-08-2005, 06:31 PM   #40
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Just because they are in the yard doesnt mean they are available.

My dealer has many floating around the dealership that are all sold, there are only 2 demos on the lot and that is it.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2005, 06:39 PM   #41
Yetiboy

Try another dealer
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2005, 07:11 PM   #42
WASP
Whipple Induced

Well unbelievably, my dealer called today to say my new Zetec was in and they were about to start the predelivery and telfon coating. I went and had a look and it looks very nice so far, although dirty :

I've arranged to have a big birthday ribbon thing placed on the car for my wifes birthday. Should hopefully pick it up in a few days.
Old 15-08-2005, 07:27 PM   #43
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Awesome!

They do come in pretty dirty!!

Hopefully you pick it up in the next fewdays.
Old 15-08-2005, 07:29 PM   #44
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAA
Well unbelievably, my dealer called today to say my new Zetec was in and they were about to start the predelivery and telfon coating. I went and had a look and it looks very nice so far, although dirty :

I've arranged to have a big birthday ribbon thing placed on the car for my wifes birthday. Should hopefully pick it up in a few days.
That's just great! Get photos of it with the ribbon and all!!

:baby bott Excellent!

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2005, 08:17 PM   #45
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Sweeet my recommendation has arrived!!! Ha ha ha good to hear!!
Old 15-08-2005, 09:12 PM   #46
murph
Starter Motor

Picked my Zetec up today on time to the dealer's delivery date :1syellow1 ... so far very happy except it wasn't PD'd very well I supposed to be expected with the current water restrictions.

Neat car I'll post a mini review once I get some k's on it, found one cool option "Global Close" hold the open button on the remote and all the doors and windows open. Hold the close button and all the doors lock and and the windows go up : . The salesman didn't know this even after asking him if the car had this feature, lucky he didn't sell me that alarm with this a a option.

Alway here's a quick pic before the sun went down.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Focus 15082005 003.jpg (61.2 KB, 59 views)
Old 15-08-2005, 09:21 PM   #47
whippet_zetec
Supes

Quote:
Picked my Zetec up today on time to the dealer's delivery date :1syellow1 ... so far very happy except it wasn't PD'd very well I supposed to be expected with the current water restrictions.

Neat car I'll post a mini review once I get some k's on it, found one cool option "Global Close" hold the open button on the remote and all the doors and windows open. Hold the close button and all the doors lock and and the windows go up : . The salesman didn't know this even after asking him if the car had this feature, lucky he didn't sell me that alarm with this a a option.

Alway here's a quick pic before the sun went down.....
thats a sweet Zetec....cant wait to see some more pics in the light......

congratulations on the purchase hope you get many Kms of happy driving.

Also, dont forget the eurofordclub www.eurofordclub.com if you are into cruises and the like..
Old 15-08-2005, 10:35 PM   #48
WASP
Whipple Induced

Thanks guys, I'll post some pictures when she comes in. Murph, you bugger, you bet me! Looks sensational mate !
Old 15-08-2005, 10:47 PM   #49
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wats it with delaers not PDing them properly....

I think dealers are getting lazy, because the Falcons arrive in such a good standard now that they are carried in Toll containers they dont have to do as much to get them ready...