Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 04:10 PM   #61
XR8-260
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

14 seconds flat? Possible but unlikely... it would never be able to get of the line without smoking the front hoops. If it was AWD a 14 flat would definately be on the cards (as you can launch from 6000rpm like all the WRXs out there : ).
Old 05-02-2007, 04:17 PM   #62
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
According to Ford's limited specs from their site, the normal 6-cyl Falcon is 1694kg. http://www.ford.com.au/servlet/BlobS...ge_specs,0.pdf

So I don't know how an XR6 Turbo... the same car with bigger brakes, an intercooler, a turbocharger etc etc is supposed to weigh less then an XT?

Even going by BA weighs that was impossible... XT - 1672kg, XR6 N/A - 1688kg.
Just going off what I had in front of me - latest MOTOR mag says 1685kg for the xr6t manual.

Incidentally the same mag has an article on the supercharged 380 - a quote:

"The big question of course is how front-drive copes with all that poke. Um, not so well, is the short answer..."

Overall they liked it but more so for short shifting and driving it in the torque curve - its a dog off the line as expected.
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:35 PM   #63
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Those are some serious brakes on that thing

Might get to line one up someday :
Old 10-02-2007, 01:47 PM   #64
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
If its $50-$60k then forget it. That puts it out of XR6 Turbo price range, and in the price range of the XR8 and F6 Typhoon. And well... no contest.
The BF II XR8 now sells for around 45k, only a grand or so more expensive than the 6T.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:02 PM   #65
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

As others have said, putting it in the price range of XR6T & XR8 is throwing away sales, let alone putting it up their with the FPV F6, FPV GT, HSV R8...
Old 10-02-2007, 02:11 PM   #66
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Interesting comments.

I am amused that when MOTOR print that a car that is NOT a Ford does 14s/400 then it is not possible whereas if a XR6T does 14s/400 it is because MOTOR can't drive.
This is a 2007 technology vehicle with most of its weight over the wheels with the power applied. It has clever technology to reduce torque steer, I wonder if that also helps launching. All it has to do is get under a 2.0 60' and it is in front of almost every XR/FPV it will meet.

No one will buy it unless it is cheaper than a XR6T? Take your blinkers off. Actually I don't think you need blonkers if you only have one eye.

I wonder how well it handles? Raw power isn't everything and FWD are good at exits.

All it has to do is make a good showing in PCOTY or BFYB or where ever and it should be ok.
I hope it does do ok, we need Mitsu making cars here. If they go then the pressure on Holden & Ford to move offshore will increase and maybe one day we will not have any choice to buy Australian made.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:22 PM   #67
fou_bleu
Get EcoBoosted

EVO drivetrain is fittable to a 380. Only prob, with that wide body kit, the tyres would be way in! Wing looks too much like VE! I'd have one!
Old 10-02-2007, 04:19 PM   #68
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8motormouth
EVO drivetrain is fittable to a 380. Only prob, with that wide body kit, the tyres would be way in! Wing looks too much like VE! I'd have one!
No it isn't, it fitted in the Magna, but the Galant on which the 380 is based is not AWD compatable.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:50 PM   #69
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
No it isn't, it fitted in the Magna, but the Galant on which the 380 is based is not AWD compatable.
Any car if AWD compatible if the owner (aftermarket) and/or original manufacturer decides for it to be so. All it takes (like everything else) is some money to get the design working. More likely then anything else, its not cost effective for Mitsubishi to make the 380 with AWD.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Old 24-07-2009, 08:07 PM   #70
z80
Banned

Yeah..i know , it's an old thread.

But it pops up on google and after reading it I thought I better set you guys straight about FWD cars in the 21st century.

IF...properly tuned, suspension,brakes etc...it performs very,very well.

No...it doesnt torque steer all over the road, look at the youtube image, note I am driving it with one hand pressing the camera onto the wheel.

Note the 5.7 0-100, done by me, just a mug weekend warrior....not a racing car driver.

Wheels claim a time of 5.5 for the XR6T...so this is on par...

But look at the violent launch you need to get the boost up on the XR6T.
Then look at the TMR.....dead straight power curve.

This car has only 6psi boost, it has Mitsubishi warranty, TMR were careful to maintain that.

Some in this thread have noted the brakes and suspension, this thing is tuned like a race car. I haven't encountered any handling issues, in fact corners dont seem to exist when driving this car. Stopping is frighteningly quick and precise.

Here is a 0-100k run by yours truly on a private road.

Last edited by Falcon Coupe; 25-07-2009 at 01:57 AM.
Closed Thread