Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 30-01-2010, 06:43 PM   #1
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default LV XR5 washing oddities

OK Just washed my wifes new white stripe on performance blue XR5T and I discovered some oddities that I think are vehicle specific so here they are while they are fresh in my mind

hatch - open it while car drying and let water drain that seems to get trapped around the hatch seal somewhere before you polish, wipe up water that seems to pool with hatch open on ledge ontop of rear bar - leave hatch open (more on this later)

doors open these after wash as well and wipe up water that pools ontop of skirts under doors and wash the leading edge of rear doors that folds under front doors also wipe around top of dogleg around rear of door to clean it.

when applying polish firstly apply to top of skirts and around back and bottom edges of doors closing as you go don't forget to apply to leading edge of rear door that folds behind back edge of front door close doors apply polish to edges of hatch around the bottom UNDER the wing fins that protrude either side of hatch glass and top of rear bar close hatch and apply polish as per usual to remainder of car and this goes without saying try to avoid getting it onto plastic components in front bar and tail lights etcettera. I also found it easier to apply polish to the little indent under the handle with the door open so I could lift the handle away from the door a bit I also did this before door close.

This should have pictures I admit but I wanted to blurt it all out before I forget any of it - if enough people think it needs pics I will sort some out of the parts I am meaning.

Hope this helps some of you guys out

Holden special vehicles - for special people
mrbaxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2010, 10:48 PM   #2
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah I've found everything you've mentioned.

I always dry my car, leave doors n boot open for a bit, clean the wheels while doing that, then close it all, give it a couple of minutes and mop up any water, wait at least 30min then start polishing.

ps. you gotta post more pics of it freshly polished!
Old 31-01-2010, 09:25 PM   #3
XR5-Boy
You mad, bro?

Yeah i found all that after giving her the first wash. It's got more angles and hidden areas that the cougar did. I'm very pedantic when it comes to polishing, so should be interesting when i get her ready for the first show!

SFS 2007 Best Cougar, SFS 2010/2011 Best Focus XR5
XR5-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post