Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-02-2010, 12:37 PM   #1
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 
Default Unbelievably good Ford service...

... in the USA.

I just had a Facebook convo with a great family friend about her experiences with Ford in the States. I was floored! I thought you'd like to have a read. Just ignore the work related talk etc...

My favorite part is when she realised she was doing all the talking... who'd have thought?! Someone raving about After Sales service from their local Ford dealer! Especially to this level!!!!

Kelly
so today we went to the ford dealership
it was great

Jasen
oh ok
did you buy a Mustang?

Kelly
i found a truck for my dad and when i told him how much it cost, his exact words were "thats cheap!"
no...but don sat in a 2010 one
that was like a metallic rust orange color
it was pretty
...very pretty
i sat in an edge

Jasen
all these cars we dont get
mind you I only want Mustang
lol

Kelly

You know what the sticker price is on one of those?/

Kelly
$25,000ish

Jasen
yikes! thats cheap as chips!

Kelly
i know!

Jasen
our XR8 is $40000ish

Kelly
there is a difference between what that mustang costs and what i earned last year...yes
and its difference ennough where i could pay income tax, buy the mustang, and maybe eat for a couple months

so come to the US, work for us, and buy a mustang

and the dealership people, know me and my family by car (first) and then by name
because i drove in there one time, the first time, in my mom's car and they gave me a really strange look and then said, "you're not marlene"
because they knew it was my mom's car but the didn't know me
that was brad...he's my ford guy...my mom and sister's ford guy is sid
my dad's guy is steve...only because steve is the salesman and my mom goes in for work

Jasen
wow, I wish the Ford dealers in Aus were as friendly and helpful! Thats prob one of the reasons why Ford in Aus struggles to hit the sales lead. No one trusts them, and so our awesome family and sports cars wont sell til the dealers change their tunes.
the fact that the dealers in the US have a service guy attached to a car is unreal!
no wonder Ford in the US is going great guns and even made a profit!

Kelly
well, not all dealerships are like that...steve is the only dealer in the greater grand rapids area (population 250,000 ish) that my dad will deal with
and he has offered to help me pay for my car maintaince because he doesn't want me to go anywhere else because he knows that they will take care fo me
like today...
went to get my oil change...
they always do a whole check:
fluids, pressures, tire tred, air filters, etc..
battery, everything

Jasen
as they should

Kelly
so this guy comes out (i didn't know him)
and shows me my air filter...it was so dirty i felt it was too dirty for the garbage (i know, i've been breathing in toxicated air)...so i told him to change it please...
and he's like, "that'll be $37, sitll want to?" and i'm like, "oh he cares about spending my money!"
of course I got it changed and would have before he told me how mcuh it cost but the thought that he actually told me how much it was before he went ahead and chcanged it just made me feel better
it more than doubled the cost of the stop but hey, i'm breathing clean air now!

Jasen
and your car will love you for it

Kelly
but yes, for those (like me) who know next to nothing about cars, they really take care of me and they don't swindle you

Jasen
cause it can breathe

Kelly
they're great...that dealership is also owned by the guy who owns half of grand rapids tooo
and so can i

Jasen
lol

Kelly
nikki (my sister) got hers changed once and it improved her gas mileage

Jasen
thats an almost unheard of story about a car dealer... sorry to say

Kelly
so...me driving 180 miles on mon and tues will help me out tons!!

Jasen
oh yes
you do know you can get reusable ones?

Kelly
that happens everytime at our dealership...and i get a print out with fulll details about what they did to my car...so i couldd pull that out and tell you what they did today

Jasen
thats cool

Kelly
i didn't know that
that is good to know tho...

Jasen
they are much much better than the paper like ones
but more expensive

Kelly
i had a great experience last fall when i bought tires for them (guaranteed lowest price, they match prices there)

Jasen
wow
price matching from a Ford dealer... never experienced that!

Kelly
so he laid out all the different tires that suit my car and all the prices, miles, weather capabilities...etc...
gave me a print out with all the deals that the tire companies offer customers...
and i told him, "I'm going to shop around..."
and he came back with, "please do! and if you find a lower price, get it in writing, bring it back to us and we'll match it."

Jasen
cool

Kelly
so i ended up with michellin tires (by my dad's recommendation..its what their company trucks drive on) and got the best deal i found with 90,000mile hydroedge tires (one of their best tires) for just over $100 more (for all four) than the average tire (60,000 mile) plus a $70 rebate
for a grand total of $525 or $575 i can't remember
(before the rebate...)
so around $500
and you wouldnt' believe these tires! they are SO quiet and i've never had a tire handle this well in snow without four wheel drive

Jasen
WHAT!!!!!!! That's unbelievable!

Kelly
i have the radio signficantly lower AND when it's at my old volume, i feel its too loud!
i cannot believe it!

Jasen
Michellin are one of the best there is!

Kelly
i have never been happier with tires...brad was right!
i know
thats what my dad said, and brad hesitated to sell them to me because he thought they were too much tire for me
he didn't want me spending more than i needed to
imagine that!
honest to pete...thats the way it happened

Jasen
Im speachless

Kelly
apparently, ii'm doing all the talking

Jasen
no this is an amazing story
can I tell the Aus Ford guys?!

Kelly
yes

Jasen
sweet
they will be bowled over!

Kelly
i NEVER have to worry when i go there and that to me, is worth the extrra $10 or so forthe oil change (becasue they are NOT the cheapest in town)
so this truck that i found for my dad...if i knew how to get the pics off my phone i would show it to you but i'll just ahve to tell you about it and find a pic on the website...let me look a second

Jasen
if your anything like me, Im happy to pay extra for service

THE END

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Mr Brooksy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2010, 01:37 PM   #2
prydey
Rob

believe it or not, but they are around in australia as well. my local dealer bends over backward for me. they aren't perfect but i'm more than happy to keep going back.

they also mentioned to my wife, that if everyone looked after their car like I do, there job would be a lot easier. maybe they treat people different depending on the condition of the cars? i'd hate to think so but you never know.
prydey is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2010, 02:13 PM   #3
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Is it because people in the US try harder to give good service so that they get good tips?

Whereas in Australia, with no Tipping culture, you get what you get and you don't get upset....

Luke
Old 04-02-2010, 02:21 PM   #4
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 

I'm sure there are good dealers out there in Aus (in the past 7 or so I've been impressed by only 1), but I have never come across anyone who raves freely about Ford services like this.

Especially from someone who knows that red, and blue are "pretty colors" and that's about it when it comes to cars.

I've read tonnes more angry Ford dealer stories on here (and I'm sure Ive contributed to them as well), but maybe its time we start raving about the good ones?!

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Old 04-02-2010, 02:34 PM   #5
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Yeh they are in aus aswell..

Theres one at Mt Gravatt that always looks after me.. Nothings ever a drama!!
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2010, 03:19 PM   #6
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

The best service I've ever recieved was from a Ford dealer in Bowral NSW. They closed up shop though a few years back.

Had a few services there and they remembered my name, what I did for a living etc. Would have bought many cars from them if they didnt close up.

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Old 04-02-2010, 07:39 PM   #7
4dlvr
4dlvr

my dad had a loud engine vibrating noise from his 06 corolla out of warranty.
Toyota gave him a free hire car, cleaned the throttle body, replaced spark plugs, cleaned injectors, replaced o2 sensor and belt free of charge..
THAT is service..

my girlfriend had a starting problem with her 07 fiesta still under warranty, i had to break there balls and make a scene every time i went in there as they kept replacing parts and trying there best to charge her for it.

ford aus service has a LONG way to go
4dlvr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2010, 09:50 PM   #8
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Never had a problem with a Ford dealer. For sales or service. The biggest issue I ever had was only at one, which couldnt understand the concept of replacing brake rotors due to excess machining. Just trying to save themselves a few bucks I guess.
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2010, 10:42 PM   #9
Mad Maxine

Can't complain about Bryan Byrt Ford at Tingalpa inBrisbane, either. Lou the service guy told me after I dropped the Courier ute in that after a thorough inspection, half of the servicing he would have expected of a 2004 model was unnecessary, so he didn't do some of it! Said it was still like a new car (she's only done 105 000), so there was no need. He could have charged me for the work, but was upfront and honest all the way, and you couldn't get a better rep for Ford.

And no, I don't work for them, LOL! I just love Ford's cars!

MM

1977 XC GS Coupe
Mad Maxine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2010, 11:10 PM   #10
nipper575
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My Ford dealer is also great and I can't fault them, though Dad is mates with the service manager which is probably why I have only had positive experiences.

The first time I took my vehicle in (wasn't a Ford either) they hit a snag with the repair which they couldn't of possibly expected, so they let me use one of their demo's for about a week until my car was running right (A Focus with around 1000 kms on it). They didn't charge me for the use of the car even though they had no real obligation to let me use it.

Needless to say, now that I am a Ford owner, they get all my business.
nipper575 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2010, 10:37 AM   #11
ltd
Force Fed Fords

My Ford dealer is awesome. Never have an issue, they always look after me, my cars and my families cars. Nup, for mine Dale ford in greenacre absolutely rock.

Quote: