Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-01-2010, 02:37 AM   #31
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamshaaft
*snarky comment about $900 covering the cost of a written off EA*

Hell I'm evil.
Hey, in 2003 it was still worth something :P

Just not now :(

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2010, 02:48 AM   #32
Kamshaaft
Broken eBay Starter Motor

Haha, Just pulling the chaaaaain, hell the guy who posted after me is even advertising an EB Fairmont for exactly that much! Insurance estimators don't know jack when it comes to someone's pride & joy / modified cars in general.
To be honest, from what I've seen it's one of the nicer EAs around. Hope you didn't have the terrible problems we had (6 heads, CVs replaced, 2 transmissions and an entire engine rebuild all within 6-7 years of new!).
Kamshaaft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2010, 07:32 AM   #33
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt_doofey
How do you get a colourbond fence traveling at low speeds? Mines quite fixed in place.
It was slower than you might imagine!

Last edited by MNM96; 03-01-2010 at 07:38 AM.
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2010, 07:37 AM   #34
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Hey Kamshaaft.

Thats Amazing, how much to replace the CV's on an EA?
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2010, 09:03 AM   #35
FPV70

LOL MNM96, I was thinking the same thing. :
Old 03-01-2010, 11:44 AM   #36
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamshaaft
Haha, Just pulling the chaaaaain, hell the guy who posted after me is even advertising an EB Fairmont for exactly that much! Insurance estimators don't know jack when it comes to someone's pride & joy / modified cars in general.
To be honest, from what I've seen it's one of the nicer EAs around. Hope you didn't have the terrible problems we had (6 heads, CVs replaced, 2 transmissions and an entire engine rebuild all within 6-7 years of new!).
Haha I knew you were.
I've had it for nearly 8 years and it's done 1 head gasket (the only one in it's 20 year life), 1 transmission and 2 CVs, one fuel pump, one alternator and one seized caliper. Overall that's a pretty good run

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2010, 11:56 AM   #37
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

one of the reasons i own a falcon is because i saw the aftermath of an AUII vs a ute. Both cars were writeoffs. It wasn't a head on, more like a front end t-bone, (happened at a fiveways) and the ute was an almost unrecognisable mess. The AUII's front end was demolished, but the dashboard had not moved a mm and you could open and close all the doors without a problem. The ute's dash however was getting closer to the back of the cabin than the front. Sold me on the Falcons that did
Old 08-02-2010, 07:26 PM   #38
Spudz27
Call me Spud

I had to bump this thread in another moment of ford toughness. Mums 97 EL which just clicked 400,000km has never had anything done to the motor. The most major repair was a transmission due to the heater box being blocked, and even that took 3 years to finally die. Must be one of those 1 in 100 that just seems to work like it was built to.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2010, 08:24 PM   #39
HSVKILLA
moonlight rider

I was parked up oppisite a diner one night when a guy came running in and said"who owns the falcon outside over the road its just been crashed into",i thought oh no and took off outside to see what had happened.I went over to my car and there was nothing i could visibly see that was wrong with it so i thought they were having me on,then a guy in a ute stopped and said"hey mate the person that hit your car took off and is up the road around the corner" so i jumped in his ute and sure enough there was a honda accord on the side of the road with the front left wheel,shock and gaurd ripped nearly right off the car and just dragging leaving serious gauge markings on the road.I told them to stay there while i went and got my car,when i returned to them i was looking for damage under the street lights and only found some marks on my rear bumper and wheel arch.The people that did the runner thought my rear end was totalled and could'nt believe their eyes.in the daylight i noticed my mag wheel was nicked and must have done most of the damage but i still could'nt believe the damage on the honda.They gave me 100$ on the spot as long as the cops werent involved,so seeing that it would just polish off i thought why not.
HSVKILLA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2010, 01:27 AM   #40
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Well not so it seems. After 400,00km when she came to visit 2 weeks ago she was complaining her water was dissapearing, but as she was checkng every week it was never getting hot. I said your cylinder head is probably cracked. Well 2 weeks on the mechanic gave the news, that tough ford had finally encountered a major problem, so what did mum do? she went out and bought an 08 FG XR6 in Lightning Silver.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2010, 03:54 PM   #41
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Back in my MMO days I'd talk to a lot of Americans...
One told me that if you had a car with a Ford body and a GM engine, you'd have a perfect American car.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2010, 08:02 AM   #42
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well I can vouch for "Built Ford Tough." I hit some black ice, did a 180, and went through a fence. I knocked out some wooden posts with the side of my F-150, and i didn't even dent it. A few deep scratches, and still not cheap for the insurance company, but I was expecting big dents along the side. That will teach me not to drive in 4x2 on very slick ice. (the side stepped out as a result of the back wheels spinning). I really didn't want to learn "Built Ford Tough" the hard way.
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post