Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 26-01-2010, 11:13 AM   #31
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah but then it's a good excuse for a hi flow bucky!!
Old 26-01-2010, 12:31 PM   #32
XR5-Boy
You mad, bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YUSLOW
The leather seats can get rather hot if the vehicle is left in the direct sun, but if you know it's going to be hot either; park in the shade where you can, use window sun shades or throw a loose fit seat cover over the seats.
The leather seats are so good. The rear bucket seats are way more comfortable and front electric seat warmers are the best for cold days!
Yeah I used to have the seat warmers in the Cougar. They worked wonders on a chilly Melbourne morning! I can live without them though

SFS 2007 Best Cougar, SFS 2010/2011 Best Focus XR5
XR5-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2010, 06:30 PM   #33
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

just thought I would share some more pix of THE new car :

sharing is caring or so they tell me

Holden special vehicles - for special people

Last edited by mrbaxr6t; 27-01-2010 at 06:38 PM.
mrbaxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2010, 06:36 PM   #34
Joshmcmillan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaxr6t
blue focus xr5t 'for my wife'
Quote:
some pix of 'my new car' :
Haha :P :P

Look good. I like the focus bonnet latch's, hopefully they catch on and we see them on Falcon's in the future.

FG XR6 Turbo, 6 Speed Manual, Silhouette .

12/78 XC Ford Fairmont Project Car. (351, 5spd)
Build Thread: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11444473

1968 Ford F350 LWB Dually. 300 Six, 4 speed. Beavertail project.

Joshmcmillan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2010, 06:38 PM   #35
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshmcmillan
Haha :P :P
thanks just fixed my typo e

and with the latches I can see asshats debadging them in carparks I stress constantly about it to be honest

Last edited by mrbaxr6t; 27-01-2010 at 06:50 PM.
Old 27-01-2010, 07:59 PM   #36
Tj-zetec
Knows nothing. Apparently

Quote:
thanks just fixed my typo e

and with the latches I can see asshats debadging them in carparks I stress constantly about it to be honest
Luckily, your average 15yo arsebag vandal wouldn't know about it.

They'd more than likely go for the XR badge. Or they'd walk past your car and go badge an HSV because they're way more sick 'n that, aye?

1975 Mitsubishi/Chrysler GC Galant 2-door Hardtop. 4G63 DOHC heart transplant nearly complete!
Check out the build over here
Tj-zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2010, 08:07 PM   #37
XR5-Boy
You mad, bro?

thanks for this, saves me posting pics of mine! :P

Old 27-01-2010, 09:01 PM   #38
Tj-zetec

There's no such thing as too many photos of xr5s.

A photo of too many XR5's though?....

I'm not sure if they're all in the photo but this is what 14+ XR5's jammed into one smaller than average servo looks like.

1975 Mitsubishi/Chrysler GC Galant 2-door Hardtop. 4G63 DOHC heart transplant nearly complete!
Old 27-01-2010, 09:08 PM   #39
XR5-Boy
You mad, bro?

This is true!

Believe it or not, these were taken with my iPhone. Not too shabby i think!

Old 27-01-2010, 09:14 PM   #40
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

that servo pic is intense, never seen two focuses together EVER they are rare as where I live (kinda why I got one) and I think I have started something re: the pix wonder if any more pop up will have to wait and see

Old 27-01-2010, 09:48 PM   #41
casabonka
You can call me Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tj-zetec
There's no such thing as too many photos of xr5s.

A photo of too many XR5's though?....

I'm not sure if they're all in the photo but this is what 14+ XR5's jammed into one smaller than average servo looks like.
Im Assuming they ran outta Ultimate after you guys left?
-Rear Whiteline swaybay
-Lenso 18's w/Kumho rubber
-Tinted Windows
casabonka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2010, 10:49 AM   #42
Tj-zetec

Yeah. And snickers bars and powerade for some reason

Old 28-01-2010, 02:10 PM   #43
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

alright now this is scary - Wife is looking to aesthetically mod the car ordered the front bar stripe extension and another sticker for it, I think it won't be too much longer before she wants more power from it - here we go again so it prompted me to throwdown yet more q's so here they are

with the dreamscience setup does it come out the box with tunes that you just load up and use all the factory mechanicals intake tubing and the like or do you need to change it?

I looked up some vids of XR5's on youtube that have been dreamscienced and fwoar! they sound mean as! but made me wonder does increasing the power like that break the clutch or the diff or the front shafts or something? I have told her to wait as the car is still too new to be messed round with it hasn't even cracked 1,000 kms yet

this car seems to be a blessing in disguise as she has buckled on letting me spend more dollars on the xr6 so its awesome all around here at the moment : : : : :

snickers bars and powerade - hm I am a bit more partial to picnics and rockstar punched and I run the focus on 95 octane so no ultimate for me either :

Old 28-01-2010, 03:28 PM   #44
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

*cracks knuckles, deep breath, here we go!*

First off, that day that Tj posted was great, I have some more that I can post if you like.

Second, Dreamscience...

There are a few different types.

1) DSCI it is essentially 2 USB dongles, 1 has 5 preset tunes on it (you can add more tunes as well, but unless you are heavily modified, the 5 that come with it are more than enough)

The other dongle connects your laptop to your car.

2) Strategm is a GPS style unit that just plugs directly into your car, choose the tune and upload, no need for a laptop. It also has some cool stuff like data logging, 0-100km, 0-400m logging, gauges etc, but it is around $300 more than the standard DS

Now I bought the standard DS and it arrived yesterday, so as soon as I got home I installed DS onto my laptop and uploaded a tune.

The hardest process was installing the software (ie. it is a walk in the park) and uploading the tune takes around 4 minutes, as it first downloads your stock tune and saves it so you can re-upload it later.

I have a dreamscience intake which on a stock car didn't do a lot, cept let it breathe a lot better in the higher rev range (4,500rpm+) and also create an AWESOME sound.

Now that I have dreamscience map running (DSCI for your info) the sound of the induction is "Crisis" worthy and the pull of the car is just phenominal!

1st and 2nd gears can become utterly useless if you want and once you hit the sweet spot of traction you get catipulted into "see you in court" territory very fast.

The stock intercooler is the biggest point of weakness that gets exposed by going to dreamscience, everything else will generally be fine (unless of course you either can't drive, or are overly abusive).

There are guys over @ xr5turbo that have run DS with as little as 40km's on their car (they literally drove it home from the dealer and uploaded DS) and these cars have been perfectly fine.

Driveshafts will start to become an issue if you do a lot of drag work, or excessively lower the car.

My personal recommendation for you is to head over to www.fordxr5turbo.com/forum/ and have a read at the thread that outlines modification options, there are a lot of different ways you can go.

I went the dreamscience intake which is the most expensive but loudest (maybe too loud for your taste depending on what you and your wife want out of the car).

There are K&N units which are probably just as good flow / power wise, but are much quieter.

I then got mine De-res'd with a 12" glasspack hot dog which gave it a lot more grumble and pop without any drone.

Just a plane De-res will see it pop its head off, but is very droney ~2,000rpm

Anyway, I hope this is somewhat useful for you, it might be all over the place but let me tell you, whatever you choose to do, you will love it!

These cars really are an absolute bundle of joy!
Old 28-01-2010, 03:47 PM   #45
Tj-zetec

Quote:
I think it won't be too much longer before she wants more power from it
This is not a bad thing at all. Be thankful she didn't get her heart set on a 35 year old car of which less than 4000 were brought into the country therefore making parts as hard to find as a sober NRL player.

Oh and Bourney forgot to mention to get a sweet little badge with dreamscience that is good for another 7-8 fwkw. :

Old 29-01-2010, 11:09 AM   #46
Fredo
Nice kitty . .

Geez you make it hard you Blokes!
I just can't afford and XR5 right now . . . .

Great info Bourney.

Fredo

Late 2005 LS CL, 5spd Manual, 5 Door, Titanium Grey
To Do List:-
:- Using 95 RON Fuel (DONE -easiest upgrade of all) :- XR5 Springs (DONE) :- Lower air box removal (DONE) :- K & N Panel Air Filter (DONE)
:- 2.25" Cat Back (DONE) :- DBA Brake upgrade (DONE)
Fredo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2010, 04:01 PM   #47
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

patience Fredo
Old 29-01-2010, 05:13 PM   #48
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

[QUOTE=Tj-zetec]

QUOTE]

Newspaper headline the next morning.....

Servo Attendents left stunned yesturday after a hurricane swept through their store.
Small Ford Sunday 2010 - Best Modified Car presented by the EuroFord Club

If I'm going to Hell, I'm going in a Ford

Velociraptor82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2010, 07:44 PM   #49
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor82
Newspaper headline the next morning.....

Servo Attendents left stunned yesturday after a hurricane swept through their store.
similar to what happened to my wife, (works at servo) got hit by easily 50 harleys, they must have been on a ride somewhere, and as was said with the snickers/powerade thing they all seemed to purchase similar merchandise, all got fuel etc etc all come at once, she said the sound was intense all the harleys all at once, left her somewhat stunned

Old 30-01-2010, 09:08 PM   #50
Tj-zetec

The console op at this place was a bit concerned about all the popping and banging going on. Must have thought someone was letting crackers off.

Old 04-02-2010, 05:35 PM   #51
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the extra stripes arrived today for the bottom of the front bar - wife put them on as soon as she got the parcel pretty much wanted to take a picture of the car and went inside to get camera but she jumped in car and racked off! talk about disappointed! Hopefully the car will be back later this evening with the stripes on it and light and weather permitting I will take a picture and up it to this thread - pretty sure everybody seen one perf blue w/stripes before tho it did look alot better for the 10 seconds I was looking at it before I went to get camera - at least she likes the car thats a plus I suppose

Old 04-02-2010, 05:38 PM   #52
XR5-Boy
You mad, bro?

she's happy. That's what counts man! LOL

Old 05-02-2010, 04:33 PM   #53
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

heres some pix car is filthy as atm tho - just had to share the "customizations" my wife has done to it thus far as well as this she got a set of FOCUS floor mats from Ford complete set with FOCUS embroidered in I think they look pretty schmick for floor mats - also the engine seems to be loosening up amd seems to rev more freely now maybe its getting close to worn in now

Old 05-02-2010, 06:33 PM   #54
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah the floor mats are really nice.

Amazing how good the extra stripes looks ay..

Glad to hear you are enjoying it so much mate
Old 21-02-2010, 05:39 PM   #55
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ok the car was picked up with car wash swirls in the bonnet and after a minor arm wrestle with the dealer they caved gave me a loancar and fixed the bonnet upon getting my car back the dealer was highly apologetic saying that the car should have never been given to us that way and that they have fixed it which tbh they have - but I really do feel that it shouldn't have happened to the car in the first place - yes they fixed it but it shouldn't have been there in the first place to require fixing. Goes to show that no matter how good they build em the dealer network seem to be able to find a way to screw it up. The car is still a fun little car to drive etc.

My wife also had the misfortune of a deadflat tyre yanked it off with he jack etc in the back of the car and put the "space saver" tyre on it the gear in the back of it (jack etc) seems to be of good quality and despite me having my doubts about the strength of the telescopic tyre nut remover but it is very strong. Got the tyre puncture repaired and strangely the tyre joint seemed highly reluctant to put the tyre back on maybe they were just busy or didn't want to touch a new car (who knows) but its sorted now - didn't stop it p'ing me off tho