Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 15-05-2010, 12:29 PM   #1
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Default Does anyone have a spare door mirror switch

It seems that my drivers side mirror has decided to stop working and won't adjust via the switch. After pulling the door card off and checking that power is still getting to the circuit it seems that it's either in the switch itself or the circuit board tucked in the foam pocket in the door, at least I hope it's one of those cos if not, then it would have to be the motors that drive the adjusters in the mirror itself.

So, does anyone happen to have a black door mirror switch and/or attached circuit board that they'd be willing to part with, for a price of coarse, as I can't find one anywhere in the district.

Cheers
Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2010, 07:05 PM   #2
lofty
Rusticating

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent article on AU Power window installation. 

I've got a grey one if you're desperate.

Territory SYII RWD, BFII RTV tray
lofty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2010, 07:15 PM   #3
bartsau
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What mirror switch is is?? If it is the Front passenger side i think i have one but i would have to double check.

Cheers, Rhys

AU I Forte Sedan - No longer
Toy Car Build
bartsau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2010, 08:56 PM   #4
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartsau
What mirror switch is is?? If it is the Front passenger side i think i have one but i would have to double check.

Cheers, Rhys
??? , sorry Rhys, I don't know what bit you're on about but AU's only have one adjusting switch as far as I know and that's the round 4 way switch on the top front inside of the drivers door. Dial it left for the passenger side and right for the drivers side.

Cheers
Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Old 15-05-2010, 09:12 PM   #5
bartsau
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry bushbasher...don't know what i was smoking? Completely read it wrong i thought you were after a window switch. Anyhow i definately do have a black mirror switch which i will post to you for $15. Works fine.

Cheers, Rhys

AU I Forte Sedan - No longer
Toy Car Build
bartsau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2010, 09:18 PM   #6
Halfmo Rocks
Bearded Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofty
I've got a grey one if you're desperate.
i'll take that...pm sent
Halfmo Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2010, 12:46 AM   #7
urbancowboy

the funny thing is removing it!
i changed my door trims and smashed mine into about 7 pieces and although i put it back together it no longer works so i bought a new one but i'm fear full to try disconnecting it, because that's how i broke it in the first place and i still couldn't get it undone!
urbancowboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2010, 09:39 AM   #8
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartsau
Sorry bushbasher...don't know what i was smoking? Completely read it wrong i thought you were after a window switch. Anyhow i definately do have a black mirror switch which i will post to you for $15. Works fine.

Cheers, Rhys

SOLD!!, I'll take it thanks Ryse, PM sent

MINE- AUII Forte