Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 05:31 PM   #1
RepSpec
Formerly XG-Panelvanman

Default Speeding fine

hey all as the title suggests it this has to do with a speeding fine (or possible fine, but 99% sure).
i was driving this morning, 60kph area, heading towards an intersection in the right hand lane that then became 1 lane very quickly. was been closely followed by a guy, tailgating and such. thought i could get away from him, sped up to between 70-80 through the intersection and flash flash. the light was green.

i believe i was doing between 70 and 80kph. its my 2nd (possible) ticket but first for 5 years. i was having a look around today and found that i could challenge it but for speeds of less than 10kph over the limit.

what i would like to know is have people challenged at these speeds and gotten off and how did you go about the letter writing process. im not asking for dodgy ways people have, just asking if people have gotten off so i know if there is hope or not lol

BA MK2 Wagon, dedicated LPG, white.

modifications:
cargo barriers, tow bar
Old 10-06-2010, 05:41 PM   #2
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Why challenge it if you know you where speeding.?
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:45 PM   #3
FG XR
Custom FG XR6!

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always keen to get on board and help others along the way 

not sure if its the same but in Perth i think speeds under 10km is just a fine not demerit point loss (Unless its changed since, havent had a speeding fine since 2003)..

But like Iggypoppin' said if you know you were speeding then payup and move on. If someone tailgates you just let them pass or slow down. He/she was laughing all the way home.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:50 PM   #4
Fireblade
Wizard Member

Nothing to challenge mate, pay up, learn from it and move on.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:01 PM   #5
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RepSpec
hey all as the title suggests it this has to do with a speeding fine (or possible fine, but 99% sure).
i was driving this morning, 60kph area, heading towards an intersection in the right hand lane that then became 1 lane very quickly. was been closely followed by a guy, tailgating and such. thought i could get away from him, sped up to between 70-80 through the intersection and flash flash. the light was green.

i believe i was doing between 70 and 80kph. its my 2nd (possible) ticket but first for 5 years. i was having a look around today and found that i could challenge it but for speeds of less than 10kph over the limit.

what i would like to know is have people challenged at these speeds and gotten off and how did you go about the letter writing process. im not asking for dodgy ways people have, just asking if people have gotten off so i know if there is hope or not lol
Worry about AFTER you get it in the mail. It may not happen.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:11 PM   #6
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You can't challenge it, but can ask for a warning. In the letter you have to admit you were speeding and then spend the rest of it crapping on about how safe a driver you are.

http://www.police.vic.gov.au/content...ument_ID=10369

edit- hopefully in the event you do get a fine, it is less than 10km/h over the limit. Then you can request a warning. Otherwise you're looking at 3 points and $250+
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:13 PM   #7
JBomb3000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What are you going to say, i know i was speeding but i was getting tailgated? Good luck.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:47 PM   #8
g220ba
FGX XR8

If you're being tailgated and are not comfortable simply pull over or allow them to overtake safely, Never put yourself into a situation where you will end up suffering.

Unfortunetly mate there's not much you can do other than pay the fine (if it arrives) and move on with life.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:50 PM   #9
RepSpec
Formerly XG-Panelvanman

the reason for asking is the money value of the possible fine. its a fair chunk of a weeks wage. give me more demerit points rather than $250 fine

BA MK2 Wagon, dedicated LPG, white.

modifications:
cargo barriers, tow bar
Old 10-06-2010, 08:13 PM   #10
Kryton

Another waste of a thread.
Pay the fine or learn to walk if you cant afford to cop the fines for how you drive.

Seriously getting sick of people thinking they have a right to try and get out of taking responsibility for their own actions.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:28 PM   #11
zdcol71
zdcol71

Please , please , please mods.
LOCK NOW!!!!!!
(posted on many other threads.... speeding... caught......pay it for gods sake)
Old 10-06-2010, 08:32 PM   #12
CFOUR
The Destroyer

I've been flashed several times without receiving a fine. Don't stress over something which may not happen and isn't a big deal anyway.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:33 PM   #13
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Should be a ban on posting speeding fine threads.....
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:39 PM   #14
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

YAAAAAWWWWWNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!

Yet another "I know I was speeding but I want to get out of it, how do I do that?" thread.

You were doing up to 20k's over the speed limit through an intersection, pay up and learn from it. Maybe that way you might not do it again and keep your $250 next time.

A safe driver approaches an intersection under a green light, lifts off the accelerator, covers the brake pedal, looks all directions in the intersection and proceeds through if it is safe to do so. How is accelerating to almost 20 km over the limit safe driving?

Sorry if I sound harsh, I do not mean it to be personal but I don't care who the driver is, that sort of action is never safe nor smart, in fact quite the opposite.

Oops, I almost forgot.

LOCK IT DOWN EDDIE!!!! please
Old 10-06-2010, 08:48 PM   #15
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Will close the thread but will mention the following which has been mentioned in all other threads .....

1. Starting a thread with "I got a speeding fine" is a very brave thing to do as many on these forums are wonderful drivers who can do no wrong.
2. If you haven't had a fine for 5 years or so and is under 10k's, no worries about asking for a good behavior bond on a minimal amount
3. If you cannot be bothered writing a letter and think you deserve it and forking out the fine will make you a better person and contributor to society ... pay the fine.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Closed Thread