Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 02-07-2010, 03:33 PM   #1
smouch1984
Starter Motor

Default Please help

Hi there every one,

I've owned my '08 LT from brand new and i've decieded that i want to start do little things to it and i need some help?

I've just put a 2 1/4" catback (no resi) lukey exhaust on, but i want some other things, DZFord (sorry to be a copycat here) where did you sourse your rims from? I really like that look even if they are hard to clean. Also i want a CAI but i am unable to find one!! (very annoying)

Also one last thing, does anybody know where i would be able to get a new body kit(nothing sporty just want something different to the stock one)

As the car is not a commordore or a falcon i am finding it hard to find suppliers of things i would like (found heaps on the UK eBay, but want to find stuff locally, you know support australia and all that stuff). I'm in WA so would prefer names of people over here but willing to ship from the eastern states.

Cheers in advance for the help

smouch1984 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2010, 05:16 PM   #2
warren77

Smouch1984

In terms of performance mods in WA, check out BlackMack Performance or Xtreme Ford Tuning. They will have some information on what you can do.

The main issue you face is a relatively low volume car, so there are not the sheer volume of performance mods available in Australia, compared to locally built cars.

ebay UK is your best friend

There are a heap of CAI for XR5 models (not 100% sure what yours is). Simota, Dream Science, K&N just to name three that I am aware of.
warren77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2010, 06:44 PM   #3
smouch1984
Starter Motor

cheers for that.

Sorry should of said, i've only got the CL model(nothing flash here)
smouch1984 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2010, 07:22 PM   #4
warren77

Smouch1984 - in that case, I think you are def stuck to ebay.
Wouldn't be a huge mod'ing market in Australia for the CL model.
warren77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2010, 10:03 AM   #5
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: LS Focus PCV Valve & Hose replacement, a very detailed write up with photos. 

Hi Smouch1984,

My rims were sourced from the UK (Ford UK).

There isn't a true CAI for an LS/T/V Focus CL, ie. one that takes in air from outside the engine bay. K&N offer a short ram intake (K&N 57i Kit). You can get these off eBay UK for a better price than ordering them in via a local auto store. Otherwise, you should looks at a custom job.

In terms of bodykits, looks at Syndey Special Vehicles. I have not seen these in person so I am unsure of the quality. You can get good quality kits from Germany (european-parts.net).

Unfortunately, most of your mods will need to come from overseas - no one in Aus really makes many aftermarket products for the Focus.
DZFord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2010, 12:38 PM   #6
leakey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here's a couple. Bit pricey. There's a guy in Sydney doing F & R and side skirts for $299. I'll try to find his web site too.

http://www.carlights.com.au/product_...3e5eb112e6b874

http://www.carlights.com.au/product_...3e5eb112e6b874

http://ssv.com.au/product.php?BKP194

Check the NZ sites too.

Cheers, Leakey

Last edited by leakey; 05-07-2010 at 12:45 PM.
leakey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post