Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 24-07-2010, 11:42 AM   #1
snap

Default Government to outlaw Modified cars ???

I found this on Qld Street Scene , if it is true we have to stop it ,
In NSW's there drafting new laws that basically will inhibbit people modifying the beloveds, even to the point of mag wheels. And Older Cars may not be able to be re-regestered as they would not meet the Current years ADR laws, not the ADR laws at the time of manufacture, I thaught it was a joke until I was given a contact of a person involed in the current meetings with the RTA in NSW, He informed that it was very real, but also been kept quite buy the government, At first it was to try and clean up some of the mess involved with some modified cars, IE; Hot Rods and etc as I have seen a hot rod regesterd as a hilux, what the!!

I have tried to find links to online information on this, searched the hell out of the RTA website, and all I found was some talk on another forum, including some of the minutes from one of the meetings, Its a real threat not only to us as a hobby, but to everyone, as its making it easier for car manufacturers to tie up the spare parts industry. If this goes through, the will be alot of people out of work, and alot of people with out cars. We have heard about the importing modified car laws that are starting to kick around, Keep an EYE open on this topic people, everywere you go, see what you can find out, what parties are trying to push these laws, and how we as one can fight for our right to modify our vechiles, eventually, you wont be able to change its colour.
There is a link to sign a petition - http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...cles/sign.html

166.2RWKW.
CHEERS SNAP
Old 24-07-2010, 12:03 PM   #2
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Perhaps you may wish to ask your opposition spokesperson for transport what they know about it and see if they will ask questions about it...quickest way to get a government to back down is embarrass them.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Old 24-07-2010, 12:35 PM   #3
glavas

just get it engineered shell be right mate!!!!!
Old 24-07-2010, 01:03 PM   #4
bungarra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
Perhaps you may wish to ask your opposition spokesperson for transport what they know about it and see if they will ask questions about it...quickest way to get a government to back down is embarrass them.
Sounds like excellent advice, governments hate answering to the opposition.
Old 25-07-2010, 09:04 PM   #5
asusdragon
BA Falcon XT

I very much doubt it as all the companies that say make alloys, tint, performance shops etc etc would kick up a stink too. I bet most of them would have more money then the government to fight it.

Quote:
If you can't fix it with a hammer. you're got an electrical problem
Quote:
You only need two tools in life - WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40, If it shouldnt move and does, use the duct tape
Old 25-07-2010, 09:22 PM   #6
King Nothing
He has, the Knack..

Quote:
Originally Posted by asusdragon
I very much doubt it as all the companies that say make alloys, tint, performance shops etc etc would kick up a stink too. I bet most of them would have more money then the government to fight it.
From what I've read it might be real. The Aus street rods federation have seen a draft of the new proposal, and it's been indicated that the above is true. As to how far extensive the actual law will be when it's finalised, isn't known. So it may be all overblown, or it might be a genuine problem.

From what I understand, one of the main drivers for this within the RTA used to be a manager at workcover, which would go some way towards explaining this new stringent approach.

Workhorse, stock as a rock

2004 BA MKI Futura - Now the wife's

For Show: 18" Kaotic Shadow Chrome, King SL all round, Cadence Amp, Kenwood 12" Sub, JL Audio 5x7's, Scuff Plates, MP3 Connector

For Go: SVI LPG, K&N Filter, F6 CAI, XR6T snorkle, XR8 catback, Magnaflow metal cat, Pacemaker headers, Underdrive, Thermostat, Custom tune, DBA4000

Now with baby seat and toys

175.6 rwkw

www.bseries.com.au/King_Nothing
Old 25-07-2010, 09:37 PM   #7
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...light=petition

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 25-07-2010, 11:56 PM   #8
MRFGXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

If they pass this then it will be like a stick in a hornets nest. The implications will be greater than I think the RTA and the government realise (or acknowledge to comprehend).
Modifying of motor vehicles is a culture that is exceptionally strong in Australia some could even say a tradition of car lovers. It is performed from first timers to generations of car enthusiasts, and a very slight few of these cars yes admittedly are a little suspect. The majority of the modified vehicles however results in cars (especially the older ones) that are overall better than they ever rolled of the factory floor. Reproduction components are made with newer and better materials than old, component geometry such as suspension are tuned vastly superior than the factory spec on older cars ever were, better brakes, drive train etc.
Another factor of immense proportion to this is the retail sector, car clubs, events etc. I have just been to the Eastern Creek all Ford day with a huge display of vehicles of all age's and style's. I must admit that this was a fantastic success in my eyes with vast crowds, and yes all paying entrants and paying visitors to the event. With out the modified car scene this even and other's like it being Ford, Holden, Chrysler, Imports, etc will not happen. The monetary loss will be immense, tax loss for the government immense.
I wish for once that these idiots could concentrate on achieving something creative with them selves instead of trying to dictate what we can and cannot do. Does the RTA realise how many modified vehicles are on the road (they should, they reap enough money from us), does the government even comprehend this matter. Shame its a hidden ploy in my eyes to help achieve the climate targets set by one sighted morons in politics and particular movements of influence (that's another matter for another forum to discuss) Allot of angry tax payers will be out their, angry tax payers if these imbeciles decide to push this legislation.
I hope for all car enthusiasts alike that the RTA and the government wake up to them selves, but most importantly of all that they listen to us and take what we say on board. Please sign this petition and help say no to the proposed laws. Help protect our way of life.

6/6/16 build 2017 plate Race red mustang gt with white solid stripes, tint, x-force exhaust, rear spoiler, 35mm lowered Votgland springs

Old 26-07-2010, 08:58 AM   #9
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
Closed Thread