Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-08-2010, 05:54 PM   #31
Daniel
F6 - with sugar on top

OK, so I have been out testing some cars over the weekend and I am now heading towards the wagon route with a fall back of a hatch.

So far after testing, I am liking:

VW - Golf Wagon 118TSI Comfortline DSG (Best refinement and drive, small but huge inside.. I hope to get some options here if i can find one)
Ford - Mondeo Zetec Diesel with DCT (the new ones should be in dealers this week, will pop back to test drive however I have drive the hatch ~2yrs ago and liked it)
Mazda - 6 Wagon Touring (looks great inside with all the goodies, but its first and foremost a soft, small engined big car)
Mazda - 3 BL SP25 Hatch Luxury pack, with Bose sound/leather/satnav (it drives rougher, noisier inside and has same engine as 6, but goes a bit better with less weight)

Not sure how much corporate discount we get; this might be handy when it comes time to purchase with spec/options..

Thoughts?
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2010, 06:52 PM   #32
burnz
VFII SS UTE

sportswagon and tick the polaris option box..

polaris is full entertainment system with satnav, dvd, vcd, mp3, ipod/phone, and anything else you can throw at it.
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2010, 08:05 PM   #33
wrongwaynorris
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If size and flexibility is what you're after nothing but nothing even begins to come close to the Mazda MPV .
wrongwaynorris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2010, 10:26 PM   #34
Daniel
F6 - with sugar on top

LOL, I agree the Mazda MPV is huge, but it's a definite overkill for what I need.

I looked at the VW Tiguan, trying to mix a wagon with something a bit taller... it has a tiny cargo area!
Very disappointed with that boot with the size of the Tiguan!
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2010, 11:40 PM   #35
drew`SEVNT5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Do yourself a favour, if you liked the Flog, go try the Octavia....

Even just the 118TSI (which is a 1.8t not the 1.4twincharge in Golf) DSG is a damn good thing...

Theres a dealer in Mentone(Mentone Skoda), one in Richmond(Richmond Skoda), and one in Preston(Bayford Skoda)

Every bit as good as a golf, for slightly less money, with a bit more space...

-2011 Nissan 370z Coupe (6M)-
-2006 Husqvarna SMRR450-
drew`SEVNT5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2010, 09:08 PM   #36
SSVPom
Formally FairmontPom

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz
sportswagon and tick the polaris option box..

polaris is full entertainment system with satnav, dvd, vcd, mp3, ipod/phone, and anything else you can throw at it.
^^ Might have to wait for VE Series 2 for this option !!

But +1 for the Sportwagon option, I had a quote of about $43k driveaway for SS Sportwagon auto a while back (went the SSV ex-demo route myself)
Old 02-08-2010, 09:28 PM   #37
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Cousin came over Friday night hadn't seen him in a while - SSV black sportwagon he bought with hsv wheels - I hate to say it but I like em very much - shape is great.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2010, 10:15 PM   #38
Jimmyd
Banned

Driven an SV6 Sportswagon for a week - didn't get a particularly warm & fuzzy feeling. Uncomfortable seats and odd ergonomics (6'4", 120kgs), engine felt thrashy, auto odd change points and steering felt wooden, actually looked forward to getting out of it and back into my '99 AU Fairmont Ghia; and no, it was not a red/blue issue either........

Cheers

James
Jimmyd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post