Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 02-08-2010, 11:52 PM   #1
robbyj
Rob

Default Winton Motor Raceway Meet up???

Hi guys just an expression of interest.. for a cruise/meet up of some sort

I live 5 mins away from Winton Motor Raceway, and have been keen to go on a cruise with other members.

I know Winton has certain car club days where members of the club meet up for the day and use the track/pits etc
Not so much for racing, just as a general meet up, drive around a track day type thing.

So I'm thinking, if there is enough interest, we could organize a cruise and meet up at winton motor raceway for a general meet and greet, do a few laps of the track, check each others cars, spend the day etc.

I would have to get in-touch with the people that run winton and i'm pretty sure there is a cost involved with having the track for the day.
(be it insurance in case something happens or to generally make money.. probably a combination of both)

So anyway if enough people are interested i could contact them and ask.
Tell me what you guys think.

(Benalla is roughly two hours drive from Melbourne / One hours drive from Albury)

robbyj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2010, 02:00 PM   #2
robbyj
Rob

Just some additional stuff. Its in VIC in case anyone was wondering.
I think this could be a good day, for the melbourne people, a nice cruise up the hume. Have lunch in town etc. Go out to the track, meet up there. Talk cars etc. Go out for a few leisurely laps of the V8 super-cars track (then have the rights to say you have taken your AU around a V8 supercar track.
Some people can then go out and have some more spirited laps etc etc.

No dates or anything yet. Just wondering if people like the idea?
robbyj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post