Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 29-07-2010, 05:04 PM   #1
andrew81
Starter Motor

Default LS amp install Factory HU wiring?

Hi,
I'm upgrading the sound system in my focus with 4ch amp, front splits and a sub.

I'm keeping the factory head unit. Can anybody help me with where is best to pick up the factory speaker wires?
Speaker wire colours etc would also be great.
I'm also a bit confused with the fronts, is there a separate output from the head unit for the tweeters?

andrew81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2010, 02:13 AM   #2
Brotherontherun
Starter Motor

Andrew,
Keep us posted with this little project...Interested in how you go with it

Cheers
Brotherontherun is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2010, 03:03 AM   #3
photn
AFF Post NAZI

hmm the way i did it in my ls was to ( and yes i know this was alot of wiring) to get the outs from the speaker cable ends themselves in the door, run them back to the amp, then run another cable back to the door for the new speakers, alternatively,
you can try to find out the colors from the speaker cables in the door and match them u p to the HU once you pull it out......

i run a Clarion HU now, Clarion amp 4ch, Alpine Type S front splits and clarion 6x9 in the rear of my LR... just need to re-earth the bugger cause it whines....

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post