Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-08-2010, 01:15 PM   #61
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man

How will the Mustang fit into One Ford, when it's still getting it's own platform?

I thought the mustang already is under 'One Ford'. As its the only sports car they make, hence its one platform per segment. Likewise the F-series, as its the only pick-up they make - so these would satisfy it?

I thought 'One Ford' was to combine the variety of platforms they make across regions into one, such as small cars, family cars, vans, etc.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2010, 01:28 PM   #62
tranquilized
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched
Gotta say I am not a fan of that interior (based on those shots).
The FG interior is far better laid out and looks more upmarket.
In saying that though, I do agree on us missing out on a lot of good tech.

Those are obviously amateur pics of the interior and are not one bit flattering. The interior looks a lot better in the flesh, and a mile ahead of the Falcon in appearance and functionality. (IMO)
tranquilized is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2010, 02:07 PM   #63
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquilized
Those are obviously amateur pics of the interior and are not one bit flattering. The interior looks a lot better in the flesh, and a mile ahead of the Falcon in appearance and functionality. (IMO)
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder & I've seen "flattering" pic of Taurus interior & the FG Falcon is a 1000000% times better look!! Also, hate that auto stick too.. What year are we in, 1980’s??
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2010, 03:44 PM   #64
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
They look great, have a lot of character which is sorely missing from aussie Fords (and Holdens)
I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder, i love the look of g series and fpv vehicles, this looks like a very handsome vehicle too me ............
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._G6E_Turbo.jpg
Edit:
great minds think alike Joe5619, totally agree mate.

Last edited by mik; 02-08-2010 at 03:53 PM.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2010, 07:12 PM   #65
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
They look great, have a lot of character which is sorely missing from aussie Fords (and Holdens)

True, people go on about the Camry/Aurion being bland, but really, the current models have a real nice look on the outside, a base FG is very bland...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2010, 07:31 PM   #66
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Its not bad to look at all, but its no Falcon
Old 02-08-2010, 11:37 PM   #67
OZQUAD44
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That thing looks like a mutton dressed up as lamb to me, get a load of that big fat **** hanging down the back. No hint of a hip line, a front end that doesn't quite gel with the rest of the car, and a bland turret.

All wrapped up in a car about as heavy as a falcon and front wheel drive. Woo-Hoo.

Needles to say, not impressed with it.

P.S. are you blokes for real on the modern look? Can anyone say interior? Looks like it was designed in the eighties. Very clutterd, lots of square shapes, a gear stick out of 1985, and miles of black. But wait, there's tan seats. Did I happen to mention Woo-Hoo....

Last edited by OZQUAD44; 02-08-2010 at 11:52 PM.
OZQUAD44 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2010, 11:44 PM   #68
Lane351

I like it ,it makes the look of the FG outdated
Old 03-08-2010, 03:53 AM   #69
SteveJH
No longer a Uni student..

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZQUAD44
That thing looks like a mutton dressed up as lamb to me, get a load of that big fat **** hanging down the back. No hint of a hip line, a front end that doesn't quite gel with the rest of the car, and a bland turret.

All wrapped up in a car about as heavy as a falcon and front wheel drive. Woo-Hoo.

Needles to say, not impressed with it.

P.S. are you blokes for real on the modern look? Can anyone say interior? Looks like it was designed in the eighties. Very clutterd, lots of square shapes, a gear stick out of 1985, and miles of black. But wait, there's tan seats. Did I happen to mention Woo-Hoo....
Its heavier then the falcon, the SHO, which would equate to the XR6t, is over 1900kg.

The back end looks crap. I don't like the headlights either, the FG lights look way better.

It might just be the image I was looking at, but compared to the seat height, the dash looked very high. Other then that, I see black, hard looking plastic.
SteveJH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2010, 06:50 PM   #70
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZQUAD44

FG falcon has a fat ****, as did the BA...what about the XA-C coupes...hmmm

Hip line is about in inch down from the waist, it seems Americans favor a high hipline, small turrent look. Fail to see the front not gelling with the car, the lights flow down and have a shape common with the gaurd vents, mirrors and turrent.

The let down is the big corperate 3 bar grill, and slopped rear...with horrid lights.

And the MobSteel version, because its badass

\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 03-08-2010, 06:56 PM   #71
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I love the three bar grille, it goes off.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2010, 08:10 PM   #72
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
I love the three bar grille, it goes off.
I agree
Old 03-08-2010, 10:49 PM   #73
ReVd_uP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks like the love child of a mondeo and a camry.... the yanks can keep it
ReVd_uP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2010, 11:18 PM   #74
JimNiki
71Mach1

Can't say I like anything about these cars compared to the FG.

fugly as!

The bum is like the 300C ..like some-one's ran up it...
violets are #0000FF
all my base
are belong to you
JimNiki is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2010, 11:32 PM   #75
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I quite like it it, can see the interceptor and 60's big Ford styling ques, Galaxie/Fairlane, especially the back.
Just a pity the non SHO models are FWD.
Its the the lower spec FG that looks very plain.
MethodX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2010, 04:03 AM   #76
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I bet if that wasn't the Taurus, and it was the design of the next generation Falcon, everybody on here would think it looks awesome. The first one I saw on the road, I couldn't believe it was a Taurus, I thought it was some European car. I had already seen pics on the internet, but when i saw it in the flesh, it took me a minute to realize it was a Taurus. I have to say that I am a fan. Plus that EcoBoost engine is just sensational to drive. Would I buy one? Not sure, so many good choices out there now.
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2010, 11:31 PM   #77
jixel 78

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevypower
I bet if that wasn't the Taurus, and it was the design of the next generation Falcon, everybody on here would think it looks awesome. The first one I saw on the road, I couldn't believe it was a Taurus, I thought it was some European car. I had already seen pics on the internet, but when i saw it in the flesh, it took me a minute to realize it was a Taurus. I have to say that I am a fan. Plus that EcoBoost engine is just sensational to drive. Would I buy one? Not sure, so many good choices out there now.
+1.
`IS IT RWD?`
`No`
`I`M GETTING A COMMODORE THEN.`
jixel 78 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2010, 11:38 PM   #78
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jixel 78
+1.
`IS IT RWD?`
`No`
`I`M GETTING A COMMODORE THEN.`

Well, at least you type like a Commodore owner...

\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 05-08-2010, 12:16 AM   #79
OZQUAD44
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
FG falcon has a fat ****, as did the BA...what about the XA-C coupes...hmmm
yeah, its not real easy to explain but I'll give it a crack. Big fan of all those cars you mention, but none of them look so crap in the rear rear, I'm not refering to the c pillar area. The rear bumper on the Taurus looks like its dragging on the ground and is slightly too wide for the rest of the car (Its a FAT bottom girl). The FG does take some of that design, but stops before it becomes too overt (american level of overt I'm guessing).

And for the record. Aussie XA/XB/XC Coupes are some of the best looking cars period, how could you even consider a Coupe and that computer aided FOPAR in the same light? Shame on you Nikked :-P

Quote:
Hip line is about in inch down from the waist, it seems Americans favor a high hipline, small turrent look.
You probably articulated what I was trying to say better than I could. I'm not a fan of that real high "hip" line or the flat line across the top of the doors that peters off in both directions as it meets the guards. Whilst its not ugly at all, it's just very plain I guess you could say. not befitting of a "HI-PO" car. More akin to a sensible car. Wich leads me to the next bit.

Quote:
Fail to see the front not gelling with the car, the lights flow down and have a shape common with the gaurd vents, mirrors and turrent.
Apart from the gawd-awful saggy bum look, this is probably the the bit about the car that hits me straight between the eyes every time I see it. To best explain it, I'll put it this way. The middle of the car (doors and turret) looks to me just like a Camry. The ends of the car looks like some other type of modern car that aint a Camry. As simple as that.

Lastly, I've never been a fan of cars that have the headlights and or tail lights that wrap too far up over the top or around the sides of the car too much.

Some notable ones I've disliked, and can recall at this moment, include such greats as the the mid nineties model mondeo's (you know the ones, where the headlights looked like Dame-Edna-Everage's sunglasses), or the second to last or last Magna that came out before the 380, or even the AU for that matter.

Headlights that spent far to much time around the sides of the car rather than at the front of the car need a clip around the ears and to be told to get back to their seat.

But I shall put you boys out of your misery, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I'm not trying to Diss anyone here. If you think this car is as good as it gets, then good for you. Its just not for me. Bit too plain in the middle and a bit too OTT at the ends.

OZQUAD44 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post