Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 18-02-2011, 03:18 PM   #1
turquoise

Default cruise control install, extra plug on loom?

Hi everyone,

Have been reading through the few cruise control install thread and decided to give it a go myself.

Sourced the system from a wreckers (but wasnt supplied with a replacement shroud for the back of the steering wheel, little bit of snipping to modify and all ok) for $195 delivered. Sweet.

So the install went fine, used the instructions from the thread: ttp://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11296920

So my questions:
The new loom had 6 plugs in the engine bay part.
- CC unit
- washer motor
- power steering
-oxygen sensor
-brake sensor
-???

There is an extra plug! It's grey with red inside it, about 40mm wide, 15mm high. Cable attached isnt very long. Not sure what it's for, help!

I haven't started it up yet (haven't bled the brakes yet so haven't bothered) - actually that brings me to another question: I removed the wiring clip from the brake sensor but not the actual pressure switch, do i even need to bleed the brakes?

Is it going to be a disaster if i take off with plugging the extra loom into something or briding it out?

Cheers!

turquoise is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2011, 03:57 PM   #2
turquoise

Sorted, brake pressue switch.

Will delete this thread as it's a repeated in Contemporary Falcons. If someone can point out where the edit/delete post button is. Have a 'quote' button bottom right and 'post reply' bottom right but no 'edit'? Otherwise any Mods pls delete this? Cheers
turquoise is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post