Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 30-05-2011, 08:51 AM   #1
nissky
Starter Motor

Default Focus LT seat height? too high

Has any found the seat height at the front leading edge is too high?
I have tried different settings but as the front height isnt adjustable this doesnt really improve things.
The main annoyance is when pressing the clutch pedal as my knee just feels way too high.

Is there any easy mod to lower the seat?
An aftermarket seat will be difficult, i imagine, as this will remove the pretensioner etc...
I am thinking of lifting the cover and cutting some of the foam from the front edge.

nissky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2011, 08:08 PM   #2
nissky
Starter Motor

Default Re: Focus LT seat height? too high

All sorted, was easy to unclip the seat fabric at the front.
Then I trimmed the leading foam edge (height and length) for the right leg, didn't need much but made all the difference.

Last edited by nissky; 30-05-2011 at 08:19 PM.
Old 31-05-2011, 11:34 AM   #3
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Got any before and after pictures, please.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2011, 12:54 PM   #4
nissky
Starter Motor

Nope sorry, have a look under the seat with a torch, it just some rails on sides and front that clip the fabric down.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:19 PM   #5
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Ah, that's ok. I've actually got a RECARO that I'm contemplating putting in my Mk1 Focus. That's all.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post