Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-06-2011, 08:10 PM   #1
Jack960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default careless driver (rant)

I just parked my car, as I was walking through the car park with the GF and i saw this old bloke reversing. He was getting rather close to the car behind, so I yelled "stop" he keeps going and hits it pretty hard, pushed the back in, probs bout 1.5 - 2k damage. He looks at me and I couldn't believe what happend next. He speeds off! Luckily I snapped a pic of his number plate and wrote the poor bloke a note.

Jack960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2011, 08:36 PM   #2
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: careless driver (rant)

Charming. and to run off after being seen???!!!! Talk about gall..

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2011, 08:39 PM   #3
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

he can forget about driving for a while leaving the scene is a disqualification offence

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2011, 08:50 PM   #4
gossy
CLEVO POWERED

Good on you for being the good samaritan. We need more people like you, the world would be a much better place, and I hope the offender gets his just desserts.
gossy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2011, 09:03 PM   #5
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossy
Good on you for being the good samaritan. We need more people like you, the world would be a much better place, and I hope the offender gets his just desserts.
Here here!!
Old 11-06-2011, 09:11 PM   #6
RAREV8
Previously ScottishXC

It really aggravating to see- over the last 18 months I have seen this 4 times- each time I either found the owner of this damaged vehicle or left a note on their car with the offenders rego, car, description etc.
What was rather abhorrent was that in these cases, every offender was over the age of 50 and usually driving a quality car. There was no difference whether it was Turramurra, Wahroonga, or a servo off Parramatta road.....to add to those four, one hero in the same demographic hit my car, looked at it and told me he wasn't paying........suffice to say he paid......and considerably more than he would have had he just been a little less arrogant.

You can give P players all the hassle you like but there are poor examples being set by their role models.

BJ
Gilesie
XAGTCoupe
Pilch
Aussie_afroman
Donut King
Bad Boy Benny
BAWITHLOT
Greenmachine
Pinkbits
CUZ351
OhioXB
Falconunbelievable
4VXC
Uncleraggy

FG G6 Ego, tech pack, Tropic gold 1973 Landau, Cosmic blue 1975 P5 LTD....long term project
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Im just bored of the single/narrow minded...
RAREV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2011, 09:11 PM   #7
fordman302

Good on you, I would love to think that I would be so lucky if someone did the same to my car
fordman302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2011, 09:59 PM   #8
rancidpunx
FPV GTR

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For technical contribution to all things car-care related. And helping/advising forum members with the best possible information. 

Nice work mate. If it ever happens to me I hope somebody would be nice enough to jot down some details for me.
- Veridian Green PJ Ranger XLT -
The Work Truck

rancidpunx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2011, 10:02 PM   #9
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You've done the owner a massive service. My mother and our eldest son were walking back to her car and saw a fourbie do the exact same thing to thier car. My son took off running, but the car buggered off before he could get the plate. The insurance claim said "sorry, but if you don't have the plate of the other car, we just have to charge you the excess instead of passing it on to him and not make you pay anything".

Should be more of it! Well done!!!
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2011, 10:11 PM   #10
sudszy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossy
and I hope the offender gets his just desserts.
Cream pie in the face?

One thing to be wary of is I have heard of people running into parked cars etc, seeing bystanders/witnesses, get out and put a note on the windscreen supposedly leaving details, but not actually leaving details at all
Witnesses not thinking to take down rego and culprit gets away with it.
sudszy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2011, 10:53 PM   #11
asusdragon
BA Falcon XT

Good on you for doing that. I have had to do that once before too saw someone going to go park in the local shopping centre and hit a guys nice chrome bumper put a good size dent in it too. I watch as the guy just reversed back and took off lucky I took down the number plates and the car details. Started to walk in to the shops and a guy comes up to me and asked if that car just hit his car. I pasted on the numbers plates and told him hopefully you catch the guy!

Quote:
If you can't fix it with a hammer. you're got an electrical problem
Quote:
You only need two tools in life - WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40, If it shouldnt move and does, use the duct tape
asusdragon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post