Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 22-07-2011, 09:06 AM   #1
nodii
Starter Motor

Default 2006 Ford Fiesta 6000 CD Stereo

My fiancee and I have recently bought a 2006 Ford Fiesta.

The problem is on the stereo it has a button for AUX underneath the CD button. Is it possible to have the stereo upgraded to one from a newer model Ford that will fit our car OR is it just as simple to have car audio experts add the AUX Input to the current stereo? We cant seem to find the the AUX In port anywhere in the car so we're assuming it was not included when build in factory.

The reason we asked about replacing the whole stereo is because we were interested in having Bluetooth and full iPhone compatibility like the newer Ford stereos.

But is it just cheaper and easier to have someone professionally created the AUX In port for the existing stereo instead of replacing the whole thing?

Also If that can be done we could always just buy a BlueAnt Bluetooth device or another similar device and put it in the car which would suffice.

I'm just interested in what the best options are.

I'm curious about the $ difference for replacing the whole stereo compared to the $ for just addin an AUX In port to the exisitng stereo and buying a Bluetooh device on top of that. Which is more expensive?

Also FYI if we were to replace the Ford 6000 CD stereo from the Ford Fiesta we would "prefer" to replace it with a newer model Genuine Ford Stereo that has the functionality we're after.

I hope this all makes sense. Sorry it's early. I'll make some phone calls today but if anyone has any idea's or suggestions it would be appreciated.

Also note I'm probably not the best person to try and do this type of work myself...

nodii is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2011, 10:16 AM   #2
vhcbm
having Fiesta withdrawals

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Ford couldn't fix my BlueTooth issue. This member posted a download link, with instruction, on how to do it myself. One week on, the unit hasn't played up once. Three different dealers told me to virtually 'Live with it. 
Default Re: 2006 Ford Fiesta 6000 CD Stereo

What model of the WQ is it? If it does exist it should be next to the power outlet/cigarette lighter.

Past: 2009 Ford Fiesta LX in Vision Blue - Sold
vhcbm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2011, 11:33 AM   #3
nodii
Starter Motor

Sorry I'm not sure what WQ means? I've checked the glove box and the power outlet and nothing is there.

Went to a Ford dealership this morning. They said it wasn't included when the car was built. So they want to charge $150+ to have it installed. Plus I have to wait 2 weeks for the part to arrive. I wonder if another dealer has the parts and can do it cheaper or a normal car audio shop can do the same job...?
nodii is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2011, 01:51 PM   #4
vhcbm
having Fiesta withdrawals

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Ford couldn't fix my BlueTooth issue. This member posted a download link, with instruction, on how to do it myself. One week on, the unit hasn't played up once. Three different dealers told me to virtually 'Live with it. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodii
Sorry I'm not sure what WQ means? I've checked the glove box and the power outlet and nothing is there.

Went to a Ford dealership this morning. They said it wasn't included when the car was built. So they want to charge $150+ to have it installed. Plus I have to wait 2 weeks for the part to arrive. I wonder if another dealer has the parts and can do it cheaper or a normal car audio shop can do the same job...?
WQ or Mark 6 is the model of the 2006 model Fiesta.

A car audio shop would recommend installing a head unit for that money.

Past: 2009 Ford Fiesta LX in Vision Blue - Sold
vhcbm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2011, 06:08 PM   #5
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Is your car an auto? They missed out on the aux input.
For the money, I'd go aftermarket for something with BT.
Later Fiestas are completely different design while the WQ is a double din.
Old 24-07-2011, 01:51 PM   #6
morbo

my wq is an auto and it came with an aux input. but i agree, for the money i wouldn't faff about with just an auxiliary, id look into bluetooth.
morbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post