Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 14-08-2011, 08:59 PM   #1
Samtheband
hear my ute purr.......

Default sticker on guards on WS Fiesta

G'day guys,

Quick one.

(and apologies if this has been answered already, I searched but couldn't find anything...)

Basically, my other half has a fiesta zetec WS.

There are these clear sticker things on the bottom of each rear door, near the guards.......are they meant to be removed? We aren't sure, and I don't want to damage the car at all, specially when I'm a pedantic pain the bum with my UTE

I can take a photo, but I've seen this on other fiesta WS's so I figure you guys and gals will know what I'm talking about...

Any help would be great,

thanks,

Sam.

No mods yet.

Last edited by Samtheband; 14-08-2011 at 09:00 PM. Reason: needed re-wording..
Samtheband is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2011, 09:03 PM   #2
Neale
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: sticker on guards on WS Fiesta

its probably a clear vinyl used to stop stone chips
Neale is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2011, 09:09 PM   #3
Samtheband
hear my ute purr.......

yeah I can see what it is used for, but does everyone leave it on? it looks kind of ugly I rekon..?

No mods yet.
Old 14-08-2011, 09:44 PM   #4
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ours didnt have any, but they are indeed for stones. very early on in the WS model i remember a thread that showed a few fiestas with bad stone damage on that area of the fiesta.

i guess its up to you if you keep them on, but you probably wont get a warranty repair on it, if you take them off id be guessing.
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2011, 10:05 PM   #5
trento
Audiophile

keep them on!!! I have an original delivery (2008 build date) 3 door without them and the stone chips are horrendous, I would get them fixed but it'll just happen again.

ZOOM ZOOM: 2009 Mazda 3 MPS (2nd gen) 256bhp through the front wheels... hello torque steer!!!
trento is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2011, 10:09 PM   #6
Samtheband
hear my ute purr.......

Thanks guys, I will keep them on. I would hate her lovely little car become damaged.

Thanks fellas.

No mods yet.
Old 15-08-2011, 09:22 PM   #7
Fi.ES.TA

Yes as the others have said.I have carbon on this very same area to protect mine.
Fi.ES.TA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2011, 09:30 PM   #8
Samtheband
hear my ute purr.......

got a photo of the carbon?

No mods yet.