Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 15-08-2011, 09:27 PM   #1
Kariharnett
Lil Henry

Talking WQ Fiesta Remote alternative

Just putting it out there to people, if you still have only 1 remote and the normal spare key, i have found today that the remote for the BA falcon square one with 4 buttons can be programes to the fiesta. i picked one up form key cutting place $100 ford wanted 300 to programe and cut a new key for my car. cheers kari.

Kariharnett is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2011, 02:32 PM   #2
au^dude
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: WQ Fiesta Remote alternative

Wonder if the BF flick key would work
au^dude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2011, 03:15 PM   #3
Kariharnett
Lil Henry

Do they still have the same key like a round shaped one. i heard the fiesta key can also be programmed to the falcon it would be interesting to see
Kariharnett is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2011, 03:47 PM   #4
vhcbm
having Fiesta withdrawals

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Ford couldn't fix my BlueTooth issue. This member posted a download link, with instruction, on how to do it myself. One week on, the unit hasn't played up once. Three different dealers told me to virtually 'Live with it. 

I read somewhere that you can make the flick key work with the WQ, if I find it I'll put the link up.

Past: 2009 Ford Fiesta LX in Vision Blue - Sold
vhcbm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2011, 04:56 PM   #5
LordFordNZ

My understanding is that there are 2 parts of the key to be programmed.
1 - the remote locking/unlocking. This is the easy part that can be done at home by reading the owners manual.
2 - the transponder chip. the car needs to be programmed to recognised the chip. From my understanding is that these chips are different, hence will give problems when trying to program the car (which needs special service tools). You can get the key cut easily enough, though if the transponder is not accepted by the car, the engine will just turn over and not start.

I have just been through a similair process - I have used a Mondeo flip key, replaced the blade, had it cut and has the car recognise the transponder and also the remote locking/unlocking. Did this all myseld, except for the transponder bit, which was done at a Ford dealer.
LordFordNZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2011, 05:10 PM   #6
vhcbm
having Fiesta withdrawals

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Ford couldn't fix my BlueTooth issue. This member posted a download link, with instruction, on how to do it myself. One week on, the unit hasn't played up once. Three different dealers told me to virtually 'Live with it. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by au^dude
Wonder if the BF flick key would work
This might help.

Past: 2009 Ford Fiesta LX in Vision Blue - Sold
vhcbm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post