Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 19-03-2012, 10:08 PM   #31
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Default Re: Street vs BNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermxer
how do those things handle ? like with the extra ground clearance, do you get much body roll and that kinda thing ?
They handle very well, not XR6 or XR8 handling, pretty good though. Almost no body roll.
This one goes very well in a straight line.......

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2012, 11:14 PM   #32
Bopstar
RAWK!

Mmm so I wonder what my old ute would be classed as?

As for this one, well I, like burnout, am biased as hell.. its just freaking awesome! Its just not as fast in a straight line as his.. not yet anyway.. :-)

Anyway, everybody has their own preferred styles and ideas, doesn't mean one is better than another.. as long as the one who builds it loves it..

I had a Datsun 1000 ' street ute' once.. and I loved it too lol!

2015 PX2 XLT Ranger
2007 BFii RTV Winter White now gone 😥
1995 XG Wannabe Rally Ute now gone 😭
Bopstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2012, 11:28 AM   #33
Miss_XR6

^^^ Your top ute would be classed as town or bns as its not street
but more town as it does not have the lights and aeriela or flags
Miss_XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2012, 09:07 PM   #34
NC1183
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There really needs to be three categories:

- Street/City - Performance/go fast type utes with flashly paint and stuff

- Town/Country - Small polished form fitted bullbar, lowered a little, with other practical mods

- B n S - Big bullbar, antenna's everywhere, more lights then Sydney airport, and stickers everywhere mostly Bundy and the good old "Don't laugh it could be your daughter inside"

2005 FPV BF Super Pursuit

The new toy (now sold)
The SP

The old ute (sold)
www.aufalcon.com/nc1183

Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6T
If you look closely you can see the remains of a Hyundai excel that’s been sucked into the intake.
about the pic of 'CHOP YA' F6
NC1183 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2012, 11:29 AM   #35
Miss_XR6

^^^ Thats what there is at ute shows/musters however if someone wants to enter there bns into street they can

Not fair!!!! But there is nothing you can do apprently all the judges are feral bns owners
Old 21-03-2012, 01:42 PM   #36
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't understand it, nor do I understand mini trucking, all seems retarded to me, but it doesn't cause me any harm, so fill your boots
Old 22-03-2012, 08:56 AM   #37
BLKWDW

Im not a fan of b and s utes on a visual aspect but they have there place in the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggo_gt
I might be 'city' but I'd take a street ute over a BnS (what does that stand for btw?) any day off the week, no question.

See how long your ute would last on dirt country rds or when the inevitable happens and you hit a kangaroo all of a sudden a bullbar isnt a bad idea.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xsessi...3215500?ref=mf
Cheers Daz.
BLKWDW is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2012, 09:06 AM   #38
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_XR6
I prefer street anyday over bns

This is a pic of a similar looking ute to the one that thinks its street
http://d3jqvtl5w23svk.cloudfront.net...ns_ute_hh2.JPG

picture that ute but black with airbrushing very tiny on each side and no lights

BNS for sure lol
I'd say that's street (lowered, chrome rims and highly polished, way oversized 5 poster off a Kenworth - must be for show only, cos it can't be functional). But it does depend on the published judging criteria for the particular show - some shows won't allow anything with a bar in the street section, others will, but only if lowered with chrome rims etc.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2012, 10:42 AM   #39
Cabbage
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1183
There really needs to be three categories:

- Street/City - Performance/go fast type utes with flashly paint and stuff

- Town/Country - Small polished form fitted bullbar, lowered a little, with other practical mods

- B n S - Big bullbar, antenna's everywhere, more lights then Sydney airport, and stickers everywhere mostly Bundy and the good old "Don't laugh it could be your daughter inside"
Agree, there is little point driving a street ute in the country along dirt roads with Roos waiting to jump out in front of you at night. Horses for courses.

As nc1183 said there is really two types of utes in the country, working utes with necessary mods like bulbar, spotties, etc. BnS utes take the country ute that step further and typically have the following:
Truck style bulbar
Train size spotties
At least 4 aerials
Truck mud flaps going right across the back of ute
A minimum of a thousand stickers including Mack, kenworth, cat, NRNR, bundy rum, jack Daniels etc
Running boards
Bars in the tray
Lights and plenty of them
Obnoxiously loud exhaust usually with chicken wire shoved up the muffler
Occasionally exhaust stacks simlar to trucks
Occasionally a sherp or bull skull on the bulbar
And many more I can't remember.

When I was growing up in the country in the early ninties in Vic the most sought after model BnS ute was the WB and most BnS utes were holdens. They seem a bit more diverse these days.

I would never give my ute the BnS treatment but I love looking at what level some country people go to with their utes. Kind of like ricing up cars Aussie style.

Almost forgot, rm Williams sticker is compulsory.

Clinton

Last edited by Cabbage; 22-03-2012 at 10:52 AM.
Cabbage is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2012, 08:35 PM   #40
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think we're just putting labels on things that aren't really required.

onfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 25-03-2012, 02:19 AM   #41
UberKnee
The One Who Knocks

I like both scenes, a clean street ute looks good, but in most cases is too pretty to even go on a dirt driveway, bns utes serve their point of being rough n tough and fine to take out on the dirt. Not to mention the mental party atmosphere that goes with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
Pfft, car shows and "street" judging...
Alot of judges have no idea.
UberKnee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2012, 11:25 AM   #42
comagutsa
Pethy FG XR8 Ute

being a country boy who now lives in the city (coz i FIFO now) i like both types, and i still take my street ute back to the farm but doing 60km/h on gravel gives me the ***** and driving the XR8 around a paddock is just to hard sometimes
B&S utes you can just flog and take anywhere and if you go into the city and someone walks out in front of you welll they should of looked where they were going and dont whinge when the bull bar hits you...

i still want to fit my sports bar and put my spotties up there on the XR8 coz i still do a bit of driving at night back to the farm and fit a nudge bar (dont need a bull bar as its in the city most of the time)

but each to there own
now fitted with Koya Inox R1's, the rears are 20x10 with a 40mm offset and the fronts are 20x8.5 with a 35mm offset

total of 285.5 rwkw and 642nm
when Herrod cams in 290rwkw

GSXR 750K7 with goodies, dyno'd 136rwhp,
10.567sec for the strip
comagutsa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2012, 02:26 PM   #43
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabbage
Agree, there is little point driving a street ute in the country along dirt roads with Roos waiting to jump out in front of you at night. Horses for courses.

As nc1183 said there is really two types of utes in the country, working utes with necessary mods like bulbar, spotties, etc. BnS utes take the country ute that step further and typically have the following:
Not forgetting where B and S utes started....

Back in the days when Kingswood utes were king on outback properties bull bars and spotlights were necessary. As were the 'Fishing pole' aerials for the VHF radio.

It's pretty much the same as City Ute's. When city folk found out how much fun Ute's were they started dressing them up.
Old 26-03-2012, 11:42 AM   #44
Miss_XR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
I'd say that's street (lowered, chrome rims and highly polished, way oversized 5 poster off a Kenworth - must be for show only, cos it can't be functional). But it does depend on the published judging criteria for the particular show - some shows won't allow anything with a bar in the street section, others will, but only if lowered with chrome rims etc.
A few well known ute shows in Sydney have thrown out the rule book and now say its the drivers choice
There are dozens of BNS utes entering street and stating "oh but i drive mine all through sydney so its a street ute"
And the judges accept this so alot of street utes well known no longer attend the shows and numbers are falling