Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 28-04-2012, 11:19 AM   #1
Lajon

Default Cheapest tyres i can get?

G'day, I've got a 99 fairlane which has the factory 16 wheels on it but needs new tyres.. as I'm on a pension i can't spend much at all so can't buy new. Can anyone recommend anywhere cheap to get some second hand tyres fitted? Or wheels that come with tyres?

Lajon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2012, 11:24 AM   #2
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 
Default Re: Cheapest tyres i can get?

regardless of being on a pension, tyres are not something you should skimp on, at all. Most of us have been there at some point.

Speak to The Wheel Deal about some cheaper new tyres at least.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2012, 11:26 AM   #3
madwag
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

try ebay, i have been buying rubber off there and find some really good rubber at my student prices.

The Daily's Build.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11349360

Weekender: '69 VW Notchback
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...24#post4531824
madwag is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2012, 11:28 AM   #4
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

There are various outlets for imported second hand tyres from Japan. Usually name brands at very discounted prices.
Try googling in your nearest city.

ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2012, 11:32 AM   #5
Dave_Obsession
Resident AFF detailer

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Helpful and detailed posts on car care. 

If you're after cheap, go through Bob Jane's latest venture.
www.webtyre.net

215/60/16 DoubleKing DK558 $52.00 each (looks like they only have one tyre though - rest are on backorder)

215/60R16 99H SAGITAR P307
$75.00 each
Old 28-04-2012, 11:32 AM   #6
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Its easy to pick up brand new tyres in your size for only $80-90 each. They may be a generic brand, but Ive been running them for years without a single issue. Grip & wear levels equal to many brand names too. Id highly recommend them.

EDIT: Thanks for that link Dave. Blown away by that pricing And I thought I was doing well already
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2012, 11:36 AM   #7
Dave_Obsession
Resident AFF detailer

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Helpful and detailed posts on car care. 

Yeah I got my set of 235/40/18 tyres through them for $69 each...add about $30 for courier delivery and it was just under $305 delivered to my door...then add $15 per tyre to be fitted and balanced at your local tyre shop as well.

EDIT - You can also choose to have them delivered to an UltraTune store who will fit them for you as well...not all UT stores are in on this though - there is a list on that website.
Old 28-04-2012, 11:45 AM   #8
Shonky.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good link Dave.

Awesome prices. I wouldn't run them but if you needed new tyres before selling a car it would be great. Prices on 19" are great.
Shonky. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2012, 11:47 AM   #9
jamesson1980
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good link. I'm after some cheap as possible tires too, simply for a roadworthy. The regular wheels will be 17' AU's with hub adapters which I assume won't please Vic ROads

2009 FG XR6, Ego Paint, Darkest possible tint, Sunroof, Black Vic number plates. No performance mods. Born To Be Mild
jamesson1980 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2012, 11:58 AM   #10
robbyj
Rob

Just remember to check the tread wear rating.. often for a little extra $$ you can double the tread wear rating with a more quality tyre

so really.. which tyres are cheaper in the long run?
robbyj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2012, 12:21 PM   #11
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lajon
G'day, I've got a 99 fairlane which has the factory 16 wheels on it but needs new tyres.. as I'm on a pension i can't spend much at all so can't buy new. Can anyone recommend anywhere cheap to get some second hand tyres fitted? Or wheels that come with tyres?
Should be the same size as my 2000 AUII Barge (225/60/16) which apparently is an 'awkward' size according to some tyre dealers.

I just bought 2 Falken's from http://www.saveontyres.com.au/ $135 ea with free shipping.
Old 28-04-2012, 01:20 PM   #12
Dave_Obsession
Resident AFF detailer

www.webtyre.net

225/60R16 98H
Sagitar P307
$71.00 each
Treadwear rating of 400.