Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 30-04-2012, 06:42 PM   #1
jwh85
Starter Motor

Default Fiesta zetec questions

Hi

Does the 2012 ford fiesta zetec come with the iPod cable? If not, is it just a plug in to the USB port with your lead of your wall charger?

The 'premium' floor mats are not listed on the ford website, are they still available and at what cost? Are they much better than 'standard'

Where and at what cost can I get a full size steel rim ( to replace the mobility kit) with or without tyre.

Thanks

jwh85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2012, 07:38 PM   #2
Fiesta God
Ford Fiesta

Default Re: Fiesta zetec questions

Don't bother with the premium floor mats, waste of money, the standard ones are fine

You need to purchase an iPod cable, you can buy one from Ford or off eBay

Try one of the Forum Sponsors for a genuine Ford spare wheel at about half the price that Ford will charge - www.thewheeldeal.com.au
Old 30-04-2012, 08:38 PM   #3
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if you use your ipod cord and a aux cord the system works fine... will save you about $70 compared with buying at ford.
fiestaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2012, 09:15 PM   #4
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If your buying it new, ask for the mats and ipod stuff and a tank of fuel for nothing......
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2012, 10:28 PM   #5
jwh85
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoesLikeAZetec
If your buying it new, ask for the mats and ipod stuff and a tank of fuel for nothing......
Yeah was thinking that, little value for them to get a sale.

Also, one more thing. How are people putting on the rear number plate? I see there is 2 holes there already but they appear to be spot on in the middle of the plate? Will be putting on personalized plates, standard size. If anyone has attached there's other that with just 2 self tapping screws into the boot lid, can you please post a photo or pm me and I'll give a email address to send to.

Thanks
jwh85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2012, 12:53 PM   #6
trumpy73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiesta God
Don't bother with the premium floor mats, waste of money, the standard ones are fine
Yup, there's ZERO difference between standard and premium. The supercheap ones are better than both.

Tip: You can get some excellent mats at 'markets' where carpet sellers use off cuts and turn them into mats. Cheap and very good quality. I wouldn't worry about not having that little plastic floor lock as proper heavy mats don't move anyway. The ford ones are very light and short.
trumpy73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2012, 02:13 PM   #7
GhiaEB
2004 TX Territory

We got the iPod cable and mats thrown in when we bought our 2010 Zetec new.

Cheers

Now a AWD TX Territory Daily
P6 Silver Monarch Weekender

And on 2 Wheels,
ZZR 250

Can do mixer shaft replacement on BA-BF Falcon and SX-SY, fix your heater Today. PM For more details

For sale: Heaps of Territory bits and bobs including front brembo doglegs, NOS I-design territory body kit painted offshore, also FPV 290 engine bits. FS thread here http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11397826 Pm for more details.
GhiaEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2012, 07:20 PM   #8
Trinhy

Im getting personalised plates too, what i did was use the plates that came with the car to get it right for the new plates. I marked the top of the plate with the texta where the two screw holes are then used a ruler to mark the holes halfway down the plate for drilling. Then once you get the new plates you can just drill two holes using the old plate as a template.
Trinhy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post