Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 16-12-2010, 11:00 AM   #1
x_RYD_x

Default AU V8 surging

hey all,

now i remember reading not too long ago about a few people having problems with surging in there au's ive had this problem in my au1 xr8 for the past 1000km's and like most tried norrowing it down to no avail.

i did a scan with the trusty xcal3 and it came up with cam position sensor so i sent it off to an auto elec, he started rambling on about he couldnt get the fault codes with his scanner and was the xcal3's fault so went back to my mechanic chris dalton and he said go see this guy and so i did and bam with an hour he finds the problem.... turned out to be a faulty TPS module, the one in it was out of an EA

now all fitted up with a new one and back to like new!

so if you get a miss or surge always pays to get a sparky to do there thing cause it may save you doing what most people do and change coils,leads,plugs,o2's,injectors maf ect.

x_RYD_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2010, 12:52 PM   #2
hendoau99
app diesel mechanic

wtf, thats random. makes you wonder what previous owners have actually done to your engine.
hendoau99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2010, 01:45 PM   #3
x_RYD_x

engine is good,head&cam&manifold ect just a dodgey auto elec in the past id say
Old 16-12-2010, 02:58 PM   #4
hendoau99
app diesel mechanic

yeah. did it make any difference to your throttle response having the correct TPS module put in? i'm just curious.
Old 16-12-2010, 03:39 PM   #5
x_RYD_x

yeh feels more responsive, idle is perfect now cause it was stuffing my trans up wouldnt kickdown or hold gears properly
Old 16-12-2010, 07:46 PM   #6
hendoau99
app diesel mechanic

cool, atleast it wasn't something overly expensive like a MAF.
Old 17-09-2012, 03:43 AM   #7
xd351md

Default Re: AU V8 surging

By surging do you mean a slight stumble when putting your foot down a bit more during highway cruising? And a roughish sort of idle in city traffic?