Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 23-09-2012, 09:43 PM   #1
AUFanboy

Default Removing thermo fans

Stupid question, but do the AU thermo fans (I6 auto) come out without removing the top radiator hose or disconnecting the top trans oil cooler pipe? Used to have a manual EL and it was just a matter of removing the snorkel, undoing the 10mm bolts and sliding it out... but in the AU the fans seem to foul on the top hose and oil cooler pipe no matter how I wiggle them.

Guess I should just undo the trans cooler pipe and shove it aside, but I'm sure I remember reading that they just slide out...

AUFanboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2012, 10:15 PM   #2
dieseltrain79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Removing thermo fans

It can be manoeuvred out without trans lines or rad lines removed . Done it many times , has to be tilted higher on one side . Not too hard once you work it out

1991 Toyota Soarer TT - 11.72 @ 116.7mph

2004 Ford Escape XLT V6 - Family Ride .
dieseltrain79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2012, 08:25 PM   #3
rowan194
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had the same problem about a year ago, no matter what I did, which way it tilted, I was either jamming it way too hard against the rad hose, or pushing against the cooler pipe (didn't push too hard for obvious reasons). I ended up disconnecting the top rad hose.
rowan194 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2012, 08:28 PM   #4
The Monty
Just slidin'

Pull up 5-10 cm straight up.
Tilt to the passenger side, lift another 5cm.
Whilst tilted to the passenger side go up towards the drivers side, on an angle, but whilst still tilted down on the passenger side.
Lift the passenger side up so its level, and it should be out.
Old 24-09-2012, 08:29 PM   #5
The Monty
Just slidin'

Or worst case scenario, youll only break the little plasticky bits off that have no use, on the side of the thermos.