Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 16-09-2012, 11:26 PM   #31
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 
Default Re: blind spot assist

The blind spot is stated clearly as standard on Mondeo Titanium, in the Ford website.

This bit sounds interesting...
Quote:
so now my gf told him to contact fair trading who are now talking to ford and the dealer, they agree that it is wrong and expect that they will have a positive outcome as the dealer advitised it with these things.
Silver Ghia is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2012, 02:49 PM   #32
whitetdci

I have an MA so it must have macula degeneration lol
whitetdci is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2012, 03:56 PM   #33
XWGT
Powered by Marshall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Cranium
to add insult to it the letter they sent out states that the 'tyre for life' program is not for cars with 18inch wheels even though it was a selling pitch by the dealer along with the stupid 6month 10k service plan.
Wow this dealer is on a roll!

Name and shame would be my vote
Old 17-09-2012, 06:01 PM   #34
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

ill name at the end when it all sorted as i know one of the salesmen is on this forum.
Giant Cranium is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2012, 08:00 PM   #35
cattitude

Fords Kingswood?
cattitude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2012, 06:43 PM   #36
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

so dad got a phone call from the dealer principle last week after getting the letter form the cttt. asked dad what he could do to sort out the matter. dad said replacement car and dealer said 2k. dad said no and the dealer went back to ford who have come back with a offer of 5k, dads taking it but has told them that he wants a letter stating that all safety parts are on the car, dealer also told him that ford know of 11 other titaniums that are the some as dads. glad that it has been sorted out. ill name the dealer when he gets the money from ford. doubt dad will buy another ford now. after only having them his whole life, even owned a 68 mustang!
Old 14-11-2012, 09:40 PM   #37
DEVO'S MB XR5T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickmelb View Post
Well that's just downright bizarre then. Just had another thought someone posted this web site ages ago.http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegS...3E280.fcvas512
Slap your dads VIN number in and it should tell you how the car was speced from new. If it helps mine is a Jan 2011 build and I can post its specs for you to compare.
Nice website... I'm off to my car to find half the stuff it has...
DEVO'S MB XR5T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2012, 11:30 PM   #38
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Cranium View Post
so dad got a phone call from the dealer principle last week after getting the letter form the cttt. asked dad what he could do to sort out the matter. dad said replacement car and dealer said 2k. dad said no and the dealer went back to ford who have come back with a offer of 5k, dads taking it but has told them that he wants a letter stating that all safety parts are on the car, dealer also told him that ford know of 11 other titaniums that are the some as dads. glad that it has been sorted out. ill name the dealer when he gets the money from ford. doubt dad will buy another ford now. after only having them his whole life, even owned a 68 mustang!
bit of a pain for your dad, it seems like not a single error but a series of them by the sounds of it, hope it get`s all sorted for him, you`d like to think as a measure of good will the dealer might throw in some free servicing or something.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2012, 12:18 AM   #39
dan76n

If he isn't happy with the 5k I wouldn't except it. They are the ones in the wrong so he shouldn't settle for anything he is not happy with.
There is no reason he shouldn't be able to get a complete refund as the car is missing some key features that they advertised and are unable to supply.
I can assure you the Dealer isn't going to be out of pocket from this deal. They would of known darn well these features were missing but just hoped the buyer didnt notice them.
Good luck with it all.
dan76n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2012, 04:35 PM   #40
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

his happy. the other option was a refund but then his out of pocket the repayments his made and i dont think he misses the gizmos. i dont think he ever wants to set foot in the dealer again, the way they treated him wasnt great and only helped out when fords lawers called him. even ford told him that the highest he can take it is the manager of the helpdesk. so now we will see how ling it takes to get his money. on a side note he loves the car