Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 14-02-2013, 03:38 PM   #31
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

Default Re: Has anyone lived in Brisbane and Melbourne?

Lol at daylight savings.. not here and no reason to ever have it .
No gbr south of border is a killer , and 40 degrees I could work in every day , love the Melbourne culture, Brisbane won't match it but my lifestyle up here in nq isn't matched anywhere in the world , imho.
Old 14-02-2013, 06:23 PM   #32
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Hard to say Morexbs
Northside has better facilities (Main Public Hospital, Showgrounds, Airport, Entertainment Centre etc) but the Southside has better road infrastructure. Doesn't mean you get anywhere faster in peak hour, however. There has been fierce debate over which is better since probably the 19th century, and it isn't about to go away any time soon.
Old 14-02-2013, 09:47 PM   #33
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Good and bad areas either side. If your wife is keen to stay close to the Vietnamese community you may want to look at places like Darra.

Where would you be working?
Old 15-02-2013, 01:09 AM   #34
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Very strong Vietnamese community on the southside, close friends of mine are based at forrest lake and their family around them or very close by
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2013, 01:24 AM   #35
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morexbs View Post
That was going to be my next question.
I have done a bit of exploring on the northside in a few of my trips but haven't done the southside yet.I'll do that in a few weeks.
Any tips?
I live on the south side and it's not all the same. Other than the Brisbane city council areas, you have the different council areas like Logan and Redlands. They all offer different environments and atmospheres IMO.
TC200six is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2013, 06:08 PM   #36
Morexbs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks for all this.I will explore the southside sometime in March and see what it's like.Work hasn't been locked in yet but most probably northside.I will also check out the viet areas and see what the food is like.