Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 06-03-2013, 11:11 PM   #1
RegSpec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Demerit points system in NSW..

Can anybody tell me......
If you lose your licence over points......do you go back to zero points after the suspension period has ended?

What about if you do the "good behaviour" 12 months deal?.......do you go back to square one if you survive the 12 months?

New ride....07' RSpec manual Typhoon in Winter White....factory sunroof, Premium sound, Process West intercooler, upsized tubing, valve springs, 1000cc injectors, Delphi intank pump,*modified turbo, 4" dump, 5" cat, dual 2 1/2" Xforce exhaust, Mal Wood Opt 5 clutch, Herrod shifter, Ozrace coilovers with adj. Whiteline bars, 6 spot Brembos,
Edit by Crescent Motorsport.....382rwkws @ 1150nms on E85....
RegSpec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2013, 11:17 PM   #2
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 
Default Re: Demerit points system in NSW..

Rather than relying on the "bush lawyers, take a read of the following....http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/usingroads...nts/index.html
wulos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 06-03-2013, 11:40 PM   #3
RegSpec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Err yeah.....thanks for the link.....I'd already seen it though......and since it doesn't answer either of the questions I've asked I figured I might ask here, where maybe one of our members has had first hand experience with this??
New ride....07' RSpec manual Typhoon in Winter White....factory sunroof, Premium sound, Process West intercooler, upsized tubing, valve springs, 1000cc injectors, Delphi intank pump,*modified turbo, 4" dump, 5" cat, dual 2 1/2" Xforce exhaust, Mal Wood Opt 5 clutch, Herrod shifter, Ozrace coilovers with adj. Whiteline bars, 6 spot Brembos,
Edit by Crescent Motorsport.....382rwkws @ 1150nms on E85....
RegSpec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2013, 11:52 PM   #4
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

From my understanding .... you lose all demerit points (must remember you accumulate demerit points with every ticket you get ... not lose points).

The Good behaviour "black licence" .... if you can hold off without accumulating any demerit points in that 12 months .... you get the full licence (Silver from my understanding) back .... and all demerits cleared.

The Probationary (Black licence) is not available for Provisional Licence holders (unless that has changed) ... and if you breach the terms in the 12 months ... the suspecion period doubles .... i really need to get the time to read it again though ... has been a couple of years.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2013, 12:15 AM   #5
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I believe this is correct but don't rely on advice received here on matters like this go to the RMS and ask
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k View Post
From my understanding .... you lose all demerit points (must remember you accumulate demerit points with every ticket you get ... not lose points).

The Good behaviour "black licence" .... if you can hold off without accumulating any demerit points in that 12 months .... you get the full licence (Silver from my understanding) back .... and all demerits cleared.

The Probationary (Black licence) is not available for Provisional Licence holders (unless that has changed) ... and if you breach the terms in the 12 months ... the suspecion period doubles .... i really need to get the time to read it again though ... has been a couple of years.

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 07-03-2013, 12:30 AM   #6
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Exactly ... if you want a definitive answer ... speak to them direct on the phone.

As i mentioned I am going off what I remember reading from the rules a few years back. Things change ... and often.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2013, 12:44 AM   #7
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicXR6T View Post
Can anybody tell me......
If you lose your licence over points......do you go back to zero points after the suspension period has ended?
Any points that contributed to that suspension will be gone, yes. It only gets complicated if you get numerous fines in close succession leading up to a license suspension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicXR6T View Post
What about if you do the "good behaviour" 12 months deal?.......do you go back to square one if you survive the 12 months?
If you make it through the good behaviour period you get back a fresh license, it's similar to coming off a demerit points suspension. If you accumulate more than the 2 points they allow you during the 12 month duration, they double the original suspension you would have received had you not elected good behaviour. I didn't survive the 12 months
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2013, 12:50 AM   #8
windowlicker
Little Dog

When I lost 12 points I got 90 days suspension. Where I was... it didn't matter anyway. I can't remember much hassle - I was nervous for a few days, then.. (that was in 1980) and believe it or not I wouldn't have a clue about what you get for what ticket anymore - haven't had a ticket for years. I'd probably feel young and dumb again if I got a ticket now. Could take years off me. Where's my P plates...

Nowadays they'd probaly have a report from your phone company or the internet no matter where you are. So don't risk it.