Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 07-05-2013, 04:01 PM   #1
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

I'm just happy no one has yet dismissed someones complaints with a smug "First world problems" ******** statement...

The whole dismissive "first world problems" crap is based on one idea: in a first world country, you obviously aren't allowed to have problems, and anything that annoys you should instead make you sit back and think of the starving chillins in some other country.

To hell with that ridiculous philosophy...a problem is a problem...problems that you have will be completely different to a problem someone in a third world country will have. That doesn't make them any less of a problem for the person it affects.
I've seen those "funny" pictures where someone has, for instance, locked their keys in the car, or dropped an ice cream, or something, and someone will have added lettering saying "first world problems".
The fact is, for the person it happens to, it is a problem...and to be blunt, someone in a primitive village in the Congo isn't going to have the same problems as you do, so it is irrelevant to them in those "third world countries".

So I suppose that's what grinds my gears...people who smugly dismiss your mention of lifes problems with a glib "First world problems" saying...
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2013, 04:37 PM   #2
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E View Post
I'm just happy no one has yet dismissed someones complaints with a smug "First world problems" ******** statement...

The whole dismissive "first world problems" crap is based on one idea: in a first world country, you obviously aren't allowed to have problems, and anything that annoys you should instead make you sit back and think of the starving chillins in some other country.

To hell with that ridiculous philosophy...a problem is a problem...problems that you have will be completely different to a problem someone in a third world country will have. That doesn't make them any less of a problem for the person it affects.
I've seen those "funny" pictures where someone has, for instance, locked their keys in the car, or dropped an ice cream, or something, and someone will have added lettering saying "first world problems".
The fact is, for the person it happens to, it is a problem...and to be blunt, someone in a primitive village in the Congo isn't going to have the same problems as you do, so it is irrelevant to them in those "third world countries".

So I suppose that's what grinds my gears...people who smugly dismiss your mention of lifes problems with a glib "First world problems" saying...

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2013, 05:03 PM   #3
BennyH

Parked outside a milkbar having a snack at work, the wobble of the chins on the lady approaching the park next to me sends off alarm bells. She decides to park extremely close to me. While trying to claw herself out of the drivers seat, I insist that I move my car out of the spot next to her to let her out and so she doesn't open who door onto my car. She says no it's okay, 'she'll be right wuss', and then proceeds to open her door onto my car as she hobbles out.

Pet hate; people who park too close, people who carelessly open their doors onto others cars, and those who miraculously open there doors onto your car even after being asked not to.

2010 XR6 Ute Nitro Blue Bluepower XCAL3 tune,
Di Filippo headers + high flow cat, X Force stainless cat back,20% Powerbond underdrive,
Growler CAI, Herrod lowered suspension package,
19'' Dark Argents w/ 36mm rear spacers, DBA T2 slotted rotors, Pursuit Side Skirts, EGR Under Spoiler
BennyH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 08-05-2013, 10:07 PM   #4
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty View Post

2011G6E, doing it tough sinck 2013! lol
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: