Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 22-05-2013, 10:02 AM   #1
kelvinyhm
Starter Motor

Default Hill Assist brake issue

Hi all,

First time poster. I had a Focus Trend Auto which I bought Jan and done about 3.5k kms. Last weekend, I stopped at the hill at the traffic lights. As usual in 'D' I hit on the brakes. Green light, release brakes and it will hold for a while (hill assist) and gas pedal to go.

Issue happened....the brake doesnt get released. It was on the brake but I suspect is not all 4 but only the front. The brake sound was so loud that every car passed look at my car. I stopped after about 1km. Got down and touch the rims, it was burning hot!!!

Tried driving forward again brake sound came on. Stopped. Reverse a little and there is this 'thunk' sound like the brake releases. Then everything back to normal.

Now I am not sure to bring back to service centre as they might not be able to re produce the problem and it end up wasting my time.

Anyone had this issue before?

Few months old car and I love it until last weekend it freaked me out with the brakes.

:(

kelvinyhm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2013, 12:40 PM   #2
jonohoang

Default Re: Hill Assist brake issue

definitely bring it back to the service centre.

Hill Assist only holds the car for 3 seconds.

Seems like there is something definitely wrong there..
jonohoang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2013, 12:47 PM   #3
kelvinyhm
Starter Motor

Thanks. Hopefully they don't come back to me stating nothing is wrong, nothing they can do about it.
kelvinyhm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2013, 02:54 PM   #4
LordFordNZ

Should have put a error code in the memory, dealer will be able to pull it out and track it down.