Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 04-01-2006, 03:14 AM   #1
Chris3082866
Starter Motor

Smile Car Audio

Hello.
I am looking to upgrade my car audio for my 2005 Ford Focus (Zetec) LS.
Can anyone tell me how many inches are the stock speakers as i am looking to upgrade them?
Would I need to know the radio security code for my stock headunit if i want to hookup an amplifier on to it?

PS: Would anyone also know how many watts are the stock speakers?

Chris3082866 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2006, 12:22 PM   #2
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Hey i have NO idea about the new focus.

but if its anything like the Fiesta (and falcon i THINK) it will have 5x7 inch speakers all round.

the standard speakers are usually rated at about 20 watts i think. as for security code no you wont need it.

IF they are 5x7 look into alpine type R. they are a coax and look quality. bout 275 for two speakers.
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2006, 12:33 AM   #3
Ruger
Bseries Moderator

i did this in my ba falcon which came standard with 5x7's.
i just took out the old ones and made spacers for 6 inch split system. running a pair of morel dotech 6's and absolutely love them (www.morelhifi.com)
not a hard thing to do make template out of cardboard and cut it out on mdf. i used 9mm mdf that i had laying around left over from my boot install

Only those that attempt the absurd achieve the impossible.

Serviced and maintained by Mascot Auto Repairs
Ruger is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post