Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 31-01-2006, 06:15 PM   #6
BA GT-HO
Bring back Ambrose!

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8888
go for a cruise down Anzac Highway on any Friday or Saturday night and you will see some of the effects of cancelling street meets.

Brad
Exactly right.

In fact we 'saw' 2 Skylines taking on a VX Commodore (3 way drag), and afterwards they all pulled up in the servo. I asked the bloke about his VX, and he said the meet out at AIR had been cancelled that night so he had gone out 'street racing' instead. (He reckoned his car ran 12's, and I would believe it)

Firstly you will never get people off the streets and into AIR if it costs $50 just to enter, plus you then have about 10 stoppages during the night due to those bloody comp cars dropping oil, also I would think some people would be intimidated running next to a 10 second LJ Torana with no exhaust! ( I ran along side a new Monaro with no exhaust and I couldn't even hear my car's revs or anything!).

Then there is the issue of the non existant timing boards! Sure there is commentary but by the time the guy is reading out times the next cars are doing burnouts so it drowns out the commentary.

Sorry about the whinge it's just that AIR is a good track it's just not been run very well or efficently when I have been either racing or watching, and it is annoying seeing a good track being wasted as it is at the moment.
BA GT-HO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post