Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 31-10-2014, 11:28 PM   #31
bathurst-racer

Default Re: E10 fuel

I have used E10 95 octane for years in a variety of vehicles. My EF XR6 loved it as did our ZL Fairlane. My BA XR6T ran alright but seemed happier on BP or Caltex premium 95. My Ford Maverick hated it, it would run roughly and lose power but my Pathfinder runs heaps better on ethanol fuel than it does on other unleaded fuels. I worked as a mechanic for many years and have never seen the dire consequences of using ethanol that so many people have been troubled with.
Years ago if someone had their fuel contaminated with water they would pour in a bottle of metho to break up the water and their car would run just fine. Well ethanol is metho and not much else. So I don't see where the angst about it absorbing water from the atmosphere comes from. Ethanol (corn) fuels have been used in the USA since the 1940's and their cars weren't specially modified to use it.
One thing that ethanol does really well is it cleans the entire fuel system, cylinder head and piston crown til everything is spotless.
bathurst-racer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post