Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-03-2015, 01:58 PM   #1
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: QLD 40 Vehicles a Day Taken off the Road Under Anti-Hoon Laws But not "Hooning"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval View Post
Im not sooking bloke. But the term Hooning sometimes is used towards those with modifications which I disagree with. To me, it's demonizing those who like to enjoy their cars visually and performance wise and yet still obey the roads laws when driving.

I am all for it if they are cracking down on stupid idiots who pull burnouts in suburbia in pieces of junk or street race illegally. But that can be in any vehicle. That is what I consider 'hooning'.

I think they should rename those who neglect their vehicle or minimum duties to drive on the roads as 'negligent tools'. There is a difference there.
The inappropriateness of the tern hoon is mentioned in the article too, did you actually read the article? But changing the name of the law does in no way change the law. So I still don't understand your point.

Confiscation of a car for burnouts, street racing, REPEATED driving unlicenced, unroadworthy, inregistered, excessive speeding, drunk is probably justified. My guess is the vast majority of the public probably agree with it.
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post: