Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-03-2015, 06:53 PM   #1
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Ford Announces 2014 Gold Master Dealers

Melbourne, 23 Mar., 2015 – Ford Australia has announced the winners of its 2014 Dealer Principal Ford Guild winners, now in its third year.
The Ford Guild is a reward and recognition program that is designed to encourage a positive dealer experience focused on delivering great customer-focused outcomes.
The ultimate award for Ford Dealers is the “Gold Master Dealer Principal” award. This recognises the importance of the dealer principal in:

- Delivering success
- Building a strong customer-focused culture; and
- Building, coaching and motivating the team

To be successful the dealer principal must reach benchmarks set by Ford in the areas of customers satisfaction, staff training and high levels of sales and service performance and be at or near the top of their dealer group.

The 2014 Ford Guild “Gold Master Dealer Principal” winners are:

Ron Logan Etheridge Ford, Ringwood, Victoria

Cameron McLeish Freeway Ford, Cranbourne, Victoria

Greg Draffin Jefferson Ford, Mentone, Victoria

Tim Harkness Courtney & Patterson Ford, Heidelberg, Victoria

Gerald Meagher Eclipse Ford, Ballarat, Victoria

Brett Elliott Harrigan Ford, Wollongong, NSW

Significantly, Ron Logan and Cameron McLeish are the only dealers to have won the Gold Master award in the two years since its inception in 2013.

The Ford Guild program is a key component of the Ford Customer Experience strategy focused on building customer loyalty and driving the Ford brand.

The program engages the following areas of the dealership; Dealer Principals, Sales Managers, Service Managers, Parts Managers, Sales Consultants and Service Advisers.

Ford’s commitment to the customer has resulted in significant improvements in the dealer experience. For example, Ford now offers a free loan car with every scheduled service at a participating Ford dealership; customers are required to make advanced bookings through their dealership to secure an available vehicle. The loan car program is an integral part of the Ford Ownership experience. More than 80 per cent of dealers, including all in Melbourne and Sydney, already have enrolled in the program.

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2015, 06:58 PM   #2
Deo

So all but 1 of the 6 winners are from Victoria?! Where HQ is located.

Sent from my GTi-9305 using bloody Tapatalk
MC Ink Blue Diesel Hatch
Deo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 24-03-2015, 07:22 PM   #3
LASTXR

Default Re: Ford Announces 2014 Gold Master Dealers

Ford should be looking for the worst 6 instead,
giving them a kick up the back side & make
them lift there game
LASTXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 24-03-2015, 07:48 PM   #4
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hopefully in years to come there might be more than 6 dealers on the list getting kudos for good work.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 24-03-2015, 08:31 PM   #5
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Means nothing
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2015, 10:41 PM   #6
Tbm1121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Pursuit View Post
Means nothing
Means that some people are spending too much time focusing on stats and online figures than worrying about selling cars and looking after customers.
Tbm1121 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2015, 11:25 PM   #7
G6E Turbo 2

I have to agree with the Harrigan FORD dealership win, by far and away the best FORD dealership i have ever dealt with
After buying 14 new Fords , the last 6 from Harrigan there is no doubt they deserve it

As for terrible dealers well !!!!!!
G6E Turbo 2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2015, 11:26 PM   #8
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGX-40T View Post
Ford should be looking for the worst 6 instead,

giving them a kick up the back side & make

them lift there game
They are looking at the worst dealers and closing them down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbm1121 View Post
Means that some people are spending too much time focusing on stats and online figures than worrying about selling cars and looking after customers.

How can you say they aren't looking after customers? These awards are largely based on feedback directly from customers.
Top_Ghia is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2015, 11:43 PM   #9
Tbm1121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Ghia View Post
They are looking at the worst dealers and closing them down.

How can you say they aren't looking after customers? These awards are largely based on feedback directly from customers.
I know from my personal experience that you have a lot of hoops to jump through, most are based outside dealership, in training classes( both sales and service ), and in doing hours of online courses. My dealership did the bare minimum required, we don't have enough spare hours in the week for staff to be taken away from customer to get to the level required to reach gold master. to look after our customers and do the stack of behind the scenes required to reach this target is crazy...
Old 25-03-2015, 06:31 AM   #10
Deo

Quote:
, we don't have enough spare hours in the week for staff to be taken away from customer to get to the level required to reach gold
Ah but the dealer principal is the guy that decides how many staff to employ so that there is enough time to do both.

Good education is the ultimate solution to all things.

MC Ink Blue Diesel Hatch
Deo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 25-03-2015, 01:31 PM   #11
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deo View Post
Ah but the dealer principal is the guy that decides how many staff to employ so that there is enough time to do both.

Good education is the ultimate solution to all things.

The stupid thing is management see training only as a cost. Even though it's been proven that every dollar spent on training comes back ten fold.
Top_Ghia is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2015, 02:12 PM   #12
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I know from my personal experience that you have a lot of hoops to jump through, most are based outside dealership, in training classes( both sales and service ), and in doing hours of online courses. My dealership did the bare minimum required, we don't have enough spare hours in the week for staff to be taken away from customer to get to the level required to reach gold master. to look after our customers and do the stack of behind the scenes required to reach this target is crazy...

This exact attitude is the reason Ford has so many Bad Dealers to start with!! “We’ll just do the bare minimum, because it is just too hard”.

Well done Ford & Well done to those dealers..
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2015, 07:11 PM   #13
Tbm1121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619 View Post

This exact attitude is the reason Ford has so many Bad Dealers to start with!! “We’ll just do the bare minimum, because it is just too hard”.

Well done Ford & Well done to those dealers..
Not at all. It's i will do the bare minimum away from customers so that I can give them my full and undecided attention and do my best to get them what they're after, and get it right. After all it's called customer service, not do the job and beg for a positive survey.