Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 18-11-2013, 10:27 AM   #31
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: LT TDCI Heater core $$$$$

Focus LT models were made in south africa They only moved to Thailand recently after abandoning the idea of building locally
marg99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 02-12-2013, 12:56 PM   #32
KenN0898

Hi hazrd,

thanks for the response to my heater coil problem in my SA made LX Focus. The problem was fixed under warranty but I'm afraid that I had lost all confidence in the car after the experience, to me the car was a lemon so I traded it in a year ago for a new Thailand made LW Focus Trend petrol which has now covered over 14000kms and which I am more than happy with.

I live in Adelaide and have just returned from a 4000km trip to Tasmania averaging 7.2ltrs per 100kms and as I have now reached the big 80 this will probably be my last vehicle which I plan to enjoy as much as I can

Cheers

Ken.
KenN0898 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2014, 07:57 AM   #33
numloxx

Hi all,
I had my heater core spring a leak also, and it was 45 days outside the new car warranty. I fought Ford about this, and they finally relented by charging me parts only. $600, instead of $1700 or something. I was really ****ed off about it because it was right before a big holiday.
numloxx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 18-01-2014, 10:09 AM   #34
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by numloxx View Post
Hi all,
I had my heater core spring a leak also, and it was 45 days outside the new car warranty. I fought Ford about this, and they finally relented by charging me parts only. $600, instead of $1700 or something. I was really ****ed off about it because it was right before a big holiday.
Bad timing for sure mate, at least they came to the party somewhat even though it was out of warranty, i guarantee you some would not be that giving.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2014, 11:37 PM   #35
BFBBQ
Starter Motor

hey guys, i have to do this on my mums 2008 focus, planning on removing dash (i'd rather do it this way, i don't want to cut/join any pipes etc) for those guys who have done it this way, are any special tools required to remove the radio? and i'm assuming ac needs to be de-gassed/re-gassed?

any info would be great
BFBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2014, 01:14 PM   #36
drez
TDCi Lover

yes special tool needed to remove radio, you can buy them from ebay for $15-ish.
you'll need to remove the whole dash either way.

if you don't want to cut/join any pipes then you'll need to re-gassed ac lines and you'll need to remove the clutch assembly (not sure if the car is A/T trans or not) and work from the engine bay too to dismantle some pipe works.
drez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2014, 12:05 PM   #37
Imolator
Quad Cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenN0898 View Post
Hi hazrd,

I live in Adelaide and have just returned from a 4000km trip to Tasmania averaging 7.2ltrs per 100kms and as I have now reached the big 80 this will probably be my last vehicle which I plan to enjoy as much as I can

Cheers

Ken.
If you don't mind me asking Ken, Is your Trend an auto or manual?
Imolator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2014, 05:30 PM   #38
FORCUS
Starter Motor

We have a 2008 LT Focus and that just had the 105k service and looks like we might need a SECOND heater core!!

It was changed once around 50k cause it leaked and this winter it has been smelly a bit.. Last night the windscreen seemed to be fogging up a bit even with the demister on.

I spoke to Ford and they said there is nothing they can do as it is under warranty even when I explained it is probably a faulty part..

Anyone know if I can check for a leak through where the pollen filter lives? I have checked the carpets and don't see any leaks and I think coolant levels are ok.

Thanks heaps!
Phil
FORCUS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2014, 06:55 PM   #39
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: LS Focus PCV Valve & Hose replacement, a very detailed write up with photos. 

A revised heater core has been released: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GENUINE-F...e8e0a48&_uhb=1

Perhaps the replacement heater core you have in your car wasn't the revised version and has failed again?
DZFord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2014, 10:48 AM   #40
FORCUS
Starter Motor

Yeah that's what I am thinking!
I am just trying to work out if I can get Ford to even meet me half way with the repair!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZFord View Post
A revised heater core has been released: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GENUINE-F...e8e0a48&_uhb=1

Perhaps the replacement heater core you have in your car wasn't the revised version and has failed again?
FORCUS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2015, 08:32 AM   #41
Crawf71
Starter Motor

Thanks Vic for the excellent advice on changeover of the heater core without removing the dash. Really helpful. I'm about to do this on my wife's LT @130,000k.
Just wondering if you would be kind enough to repost the pics you took of the process. For some reason the originals aren't viewable. Thanks mate.
Crawf71 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post