Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 01-04-2015, 09:07 PM   #1
dcstraight
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Question Series II AU V8...

Hi Guys,

I have a Series II AU V8 with front brake calipers mounted forward of the stub axle / upright.

I have purchased some Premium Brake calipers and rotors ready to bolt on, only to find out that I don't have the brackets (see WANTED to BUY section).

After doing some further reading on what Series I owners do to upgrade to Series II brakes, I'm curious whether I would have to change all the swaybars and mounts etc **OR** because mine is already a Series II, can I just get away with changing the uprights to the 'other' ones that mount the caliper rearward of the upright assembly.

I'm sure there's someone out there that has done this...my apologies if it has been covered...I just haven't been able to find it!

Any help appreciated!

Thanks & Cheers,
Steve
dcstraight is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2015, 09:49 PM   #2
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Default Re: Series II AU V8...

Would this help..............

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...47#post2720147
Old 02-04-2015, 12:06 AM   #3
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

dont know about the brackets, hoppers stoppers did have some bracket for calipers on ebay some time ago, and they seem to be fairly big on brake upgrades, they might be worth a call if no joy here.
http://www.hoppers.com.au/hop1a.htm

what are the premium brakes off??
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2015, 03:24 PM   #4
dcstraight
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks Gasolane - yes I have read that thread too...lots of useful information there, but I noticed the calipers still mount forward of the uprights (like mine currently do), so not too sure if any of it is relevant to my premium caliper application.

Hi Mik - thanks for the headsup...I'll give them a call and see what they say - not holding my breathe, but you never know!

Thanks,
Steve
Old 13-04-2015, 11:51 AM   #5
dcstraight
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hoppers stoppers a no go - Duncan was very helpful on the phone and was leaning towards fabricating being the best way to source a pair.

Will keep an eye out for brackets in the meantime...otherwise maybe a set of uprights with the correct mounting provisions if they come up first!

Thanks for the replies
Old 14-06-2015, 08:03 PM   #6
bluestripes
Q - CAR

Can I ask what your premium brake calipers come off ?

For I have a series 1 AU and needed to do the front end upgrade as documented through the above link and now I'm running PBR premium calipers with a 326 mm rotor and I did not need any extra brackets or such.

I'm just curious ??

347 Windsor Stroked; (10:2.1) / TFS 190 heads / TFS R Series 90 manifold / Accufab 85mm Race TB / 90mm Lightening MAF / K&N 90mm pod CAI / FTI custom cam (230-236 @ 50) / Bosch 36lb inject / MSD coil + leads / ASR 8lt sump / Mcleod RST Twin Plate Clutch / Pacemakers PH4006 + 3" single exhaust / BA Premium brake pac / Pedders Xtreme coil over shocks / 30mm Whiteline sway / 3.45 LSD / Custom FG bonnet / Ghia interior upgrade / Enkie Rims - staggered / Quarter Horse tuned.
bluestripes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2015, 12:52 PM   #7
dcstraight
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi Brad - they came off a T3.

3236mm...sounds like you're running B-Series brakes?

Did your original calipers mount forward of the upright or behind?

Cheers,
Steve

PS, I have no found some premium brake brackets thanks to a top bloke!