Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-05-2015, 01:11 PM   #31
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ford to Offer Free Loan Car with Every Scheduled Service

wife's fiesta goes in shortly for it's second service (12,000) so will be interesting to see what she gets.

when I got my loaner from holden it was an old burnout commodore with basically no brakes and no power.......but we didn't have to walk.......never look a gift horse and all that.

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 21-05-2015, 01:55 PM   #32
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Pursuit View Post
I wouldn't have accepted this. This is not the idea, dealers shouldnt be handing cars like this out.

Ive had my cars in 3 times in the last few months, first time I got a brand new Territory Titanium AWD with 300 kms on it, Second time i got a brand new FGII XR6 with 50 kms on it and today I got a new Kuga with 2200 kms. No complaints here but my dealer has put on alot of loan cars, probably 70+ between their 6 sites.
Smoke, I don't go to my dealer because I get a flash loan car to use whilst my car is in being serviced. Up until the Ford advertising that loan cars would be available, I never asked for one, never got one and I never expected one.

The work the guys do on my car is to an excellent standard, it never costs me more than getting the car serviced at a local independent, and it is always hassle free (they've even come to my brother in laws' place, in Sale about 20km away from their workshop when he was concerned about something hanging down form under the car after he had it serviced by them)

On top of that, the dealer is a very small one, and expecting them to provide me with a more modern loan car would be a little unfair. They would be lucky to have 3 new cars and 10 used cars on the lot at any one time.

The standard of the loan car makes very little difference to me. I'm just thankful they gave me a car at all!

Craig H

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2015, 05:46 PM   #33
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i had my Falcon in for a wheel alignment on Wednesday, the usual loan car (crappy hilux) wasn't available so he gave me a Mahindra Pikup off the lot. despite being a 2009 model, it felt nearly new and drove surprisingly well. If i'd been in the market, i may have bought it.
Old 21-05-2015, 06:48 PM   #34
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

The loan car is a good idea form Ford.

Two points -

1. Dealers shouldn't be handing out 20 year old Falcon's as loan cars. One of the reasons Ford is doing this is get people to basically test drive other Ford models without the pressure of a sale. EL Falcon's with 250,000km wont do this.

2. When booking a service, make the person aware that you would like a loan car so that it is booked for you. Turning up expecting a loan car (even though it is advertised like this) without notice wont always go well, especially for smaller or very busy service departments.

When I had the XR8 in for its first service, I had a Focus Trend Hatch auto with 700km on the clock. Nice car, easy nimble car to drive. When I picked the XR8, I thanked them for the Focus, but said I WANT MY V8 BACK NOW
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2015, 07:02 PM   #35
Sabantien
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Don't know that it's an Australian first, my girlfriend got a free loan car with her service.

All I read on the forum is how bad the Ford services are, and I can probably get it done independently for half the price. I can go without a loan car for that.
Sabantien is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2015, 07:28 PM   #36
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabantien View Post
All I read on the forum is how bad the Ford services are, and I can probably get it done independently for half the price. I can go without a loan car for that.
This is rubbish.

Here is my counter point to "Ford service is bad" -

Had the XR6 serviced today. Friendly, one on one dialog with the adviser, who knows I am VERY particular with my cars. He realises who is an enthusiast and the type of customer service they expect. I had the senior mechanic assigned to my car, even though it was only a minor service. Even got to chat with the guy and thank him for his work afterwards. Service was completed and the bill handed over and much less that the "capped" price quoted and roadside assistance added for another 12 months. Even got two signed V8 Supercars posters whilst I was there.
NOT ALL dealerships are bad, and sometimes I think its about striking a repour with the service people. I have found customer service works both ways, treat the person on the other side of the desk how you would like to treated.

Yes some dealers don't do the brand any favours, but there are good ones out there, with great customer service and who don't charge through the roof.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2015, 08:11 PM   #37
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabantien View Post
Don't know that it's an Australian first, my girlfriend got a free loan car with her service.

Maybe Australian first for Ford. I got a brand new Land Rover Freelander as a service loan car 5 years ago. Not a bad vehicle at all.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2015, 09:38 PM   #38
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
It seems that No matter what Ford do there are always some that will complain 'it's not good enough'.

It's a 'loan' car, they are only providing you with transport until yours is ready.
In doing so they save you the hassle of Taxis, public transport or calling on someone to interrupt their day just to take your car in and pick it up again.

Some crash repair shops also have loan cars. Would the whingers also complain that the car they lent you is not up to the standard you feel you deserve?
Fords idea isn't to supply customers with 20 year old cars. They want people driving new Fords.
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2015, 10:26 PM   #39
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I remember in 2001 when I traded my Nissan Maxima (yes, what was I thinking!) for an AUII XR8 220, the dealer wanted it straightaway and gave me a loan car while I waited for the XR8 to be built.

What they gave me was an EL Falcon Wagon. This was an ex-ATN Channel 7 vehicle and totally red in colour! I wasn't too impressed at the time!!

But, the first weekend I had it I gave it a good wash, clean and detail and it came up all right.

I had it for 2 months, it was a daily driver and I must admit I was quite impressed with it and a bit reluctant to actually hand it back!
Old 21-05-2015, 10:28 PM   #40
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Some dealerships complete around 40-50 services a day.
Of course you may have to wait 2 weeks upwards for a service with a hire car.
Can't believe how unrealistic people are at times....
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 21-05-2015, 10:47 PM   #41
SSVPom
Formally FairmontPom

Brighton Ford gave me a 2014 Ranger dual cab Hi Rider as a loan car for my 30k service.. I booked two weeks ahead, and was happy with that outcome. The best part was assuming it was a 4x4, and only finding out it wasn't whilst doing a Uturn on the Nepean in the rain. ..!
Old 21-05-2015, 10:57 PM   #42
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Remember when Homer Simpson was given a loan car when his was getting fixed?
Came back in a heap. lol.
Hope this deal lasts even if the actual service is not satisfactory, a loan car makes it that bit sweeter.
marty351 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2015, 11:15 PM   #43
Terror_Tree
SZ II TS Territory-Black

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvtcWZ9iUyU

Bring around "the loaner"

FWD is the Devils work
Terror_Tree is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 23-05-2015, 01:07 AM   #44
Kayos
Lag = hang onto something

Would be great if they'd call me back to book my car in, that was a week ago after chatting to a live customer rep that took my details... good to see service at that ford dealer is still sad. Same place that called me back one day after I wanted to leave a deposit on a mustang order, which is better than the other Ford dealer which I'm still waiting on... My mate placed an order for a xr8, recommended today as our old work friend now works, but it's a fair while away compared to the other 2 dealers.. makes me again wonder, will chrysler offer the customer service that bmw do if I buy one, or will it be a pityful as these 2 melbourne ford sites. Is it really that hard to get your @#$ together and offer customer service or do you think people will hang around to make the fat cats fatter?

Some previous rides: Ef mont, RX7tt series VI, BM coupes, TE50, BA ghia, BA XR6t

Current rides: G6E blk/Cshmr, Chrysler by Chrysler no.1, Chrysler by Chrysler no.2
Kayos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2015, 06:10 PM   #45
flightstrike

My Ute went in for a service today.
Friendly staff that weren't pushy at all. They knew what I wanted and that was that.

I only booked it in a few days ago, and the loan car was there waiting. Ford Focus Trend.... but as others have said, I was VERY glad to be back in my Ute.

2010 FG XR6 Ute
flightstrike is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2015, 08:46 PM   #46
Jastel
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has much experience with taxis and always jumps on here to explain things simply and help out the new guys in B-series and Contemporary... 

I'd be happy with "service" from my dealer...stuff the free car.
Jastel is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2015, 09:22 PM   #47
Matty4
Banana

I had my wife's Focus in for a service last week.
Booked it in about 10 days prior.
Wasn't offered a loan car, no mention of it at all during the process.
I even get a text message as soon as the phone call was terminated to confirm the booking, but nothing about a loan car.

It hadn't occurred to me on booking to ask though..

Luckily for us I had the day off and was able to pick her up and run her back again to pick it up afterwards.

However, on picking it up the paperwork wasn't ready (as usual) but they wouldn't let her take it home to get back to the kids whilst I waited there with credit card in hand ready to pay once it was all completed. Last time for me there, will use my local trusted mechanic from now on. I can walk home in 10 minutes from him.
Old 16-06-2015, 04:29 PM   #48
stockNAfairlane

This is a good idea by the dealers, here's why.
Back in about 1998 my old man bought a 1996 EF Falcon Wagon, it went in for its scheduled service and they gave him a loan car, a v8 AU Fairmont Ghia with a sunroof and black leather. My dad loved the AU, told everyone how it performed and how comfy it was and how surprised he was to get a car like that for a loaner, fast forward a few weeks and there was 2 new V8 AU Ghias in my dads work parking lot, not to mention my brother who loved holdens was now very keen on getting a v8 Ford as well as me. So as long as they don't give out old taxi's or junk scrap as loaners i see this as being very positive.
stockNAfairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 16-06-2015, 05:10 PM   #49
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

The mindset of ''customers'' beggars belief.

Any excuse to bag Ford dealerships.

I forgot to ask for a car, they didn't have a car for me.....lucky I didn't need the car.......I wont use Ford again..........

How about asking for the car in the first place? Too hard?
5 users like this post:
Old 16-06-2015, 05:24 PM   #50
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My dealer has online booking and it asks when doing the
Old 16-06-2015, 06:43 PM   #51
Matty4
Banana

I'd rather get great service and be treated with respect, than a loan car.
Didn't get that, so I'll take my business elsewhere, simples.

If they did do great customer service they wouldn't be bagged out..
Old 17-06-2015, 11:43 AM   #52
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503 View Post
The mindset of ''customers'' beggars belief.

Any excuse to bag Ford dealerships.

I forgot to ask for a car, they didn't have a car for me.....lucky I didn't need the car.......I wont use Ford again..........

How about asking for the car in the first place? Too hard?
I've been getting a loan car from my local Ford dealer for the last 5 - 6 years. I just book in advance and make a booking for when they have a car available. For the urgent bookings where no car was available I just used their shuttle bus.

So if you want something, just ask and be willing to work around them.
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 17-06-2015, 01:29 PM   #53
Big_Daz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When I was getting my XR6t Serviced (Between 2009 - 2012) at Bryan Byrt Ford, I got a free loan car everytime and as long as you book far enough in advance it was never a problem. Always new cars and usually either Fiesta, Focus or Mondeo depending which was fine...

When I had my VE Series 2 Commodore Company car, the holden dealers where useless with them, always booked well in advance and made it clear (even in my email confirmations) courtesy car was required.. On one occasion they gave my loan car out to a "Good Customer" as they called it when he came in with a warranty issue and on another occasion jusy flat out forgot about it.. Needless to say both times I ended up with the DP's Calais after some... interesting chats with the team...
When it comes to Coutesy Cars, Im not all that precious with what it is, im just stoked that these guys offer the service.. When I got the 1500km service done on my Mazda 6, the only car they had on the day was the "Tradie's" Courtesy car which is a BT-50 2WD manual.. They seemed surprised when I said no worries.. apparently a lot of people moan when they are asked to take this courtesy car.. I don't get the big deal, they offer the service for free... the Ute is Almost brand new and does the job...

Hers: 2024 Ford Everest Platinum in Equinox Bronze
His Daily: 2020 (MY21) Kia Sorento GT-Line in Mineral Blue
His Weekender: 2017 Commodore SSV Redline manual in Light My Fire Orange
Big_Daz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 19-06-2015, 11:13 AM   #54
YTRY4
Starter Motor

Well Atleast ford are trying to keep customers somehow, This approach will probably help.
YTRY4 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2015, 02:04 PM   #55
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503 View Post
Some dealerships complete around 40-50 services a day.
Of course you may have to wait 2 weeks upwards for a service with a hire car.
Can't believe how unrealistic people are at times....
if you cant keep up with what you have advertized then dont advertize it

of course it would be pretty hard to organize all this
but if you are advertizing this nationally youd want to make sure you back it up
imagine if i said i was going to do something for you if you came over here and when you got here i said i couldnt do the said job anymore

if you say you are doing it
do it
no ifs or buts
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2015, 02:14 PM   #56
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercurySilver View Post
if you cant keep up with what you have advertized then dont advertize it

of course it would be pretty hard to organize all this
but if you are advertizing this nationally youd want to make sure you back it up
imagine if i said i was going to do something for you if you came over here and when you got here i said i couldnt do the said job anymore

if you say you are doing it
do it
no ifs or buts
Let me break it down for you.

You have to ask for a hire car on making the booking.

You do realise that don't you?

Again, my comment still stands true in this case.
Old 19-06-2015, 02:47 PM   #57
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

If they are advertising for free loan cars then they should have enough cars.
Obviously you would have to book one like you have to book the service.

No need to have to "break if down"
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2015, 03:55 PM   #58
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercurySilver View Post
If they are advertising for free loan cars then they should have enough cars.
Obviously you would have to book one like you have to book the service.

No need to have to "break if down"
So you agree with my sentiments in one post yet disagree in another.

Interesting.
Old 19-06-2015, 05:16 PM   #59
Lunch
Wait, what?

I booked in for my 30k service a week in advance and got a hire car no probs, got a 2014 territory, was quite good to be honest
Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post