The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-09-2015, 09:22 PM   #61
sprintman1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ranger Outsells Hilux

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasv8 View Post
Getting serviced locally.
5 screws,glovebox and a heap of little plastic green clips that disappear. Seems like half the dash lol.
I'd be looking into the oil being used.
sprintman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2015, 10:01 PM   #62
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintman1 View Post
Still crap compared to a D-MAX
I do agree with all the sprintman has said.
For reliability it's the D-Max by far that wins it hands down.
I like the look of the Ford better but they are more trouble like the rest of the rubbish are.
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2015, 10:23 PM   #63
sprintman1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by castellan View Post
I do agree with all the sprintman has said.
For reliability it's the D-Max by far that wins it hands down.
I like the look of the Ford better but they are more trouble like the rest of the rubbish are.
I was of course joking about the Ranger , a few didn't get it. And there's a reason Isuzu are now #1 in small, medium, and large trucks in Australia, reliability and fuel efficiency. And 2016 D-MAX will be twin turbo 2.5 and 70nm more torque and even better SFC.
This user likes this post:
Old 06-09-2015, 01:03 AM   #64
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Interesting your views sprintman1. Worked all over Oz with a 60 with the Isuzu developed 2H which never missed a beat & I grew to love this reliability, so I'd be partial to that. Is the MU-X same mechanicals as D-MAX?
Old 06-09-2015, 05:20 AM   #65
sprintman1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey View Post
Interesting your views sprintman1. Worked all over Oz with a 60 with the Isuzu developed 2H which never missed a beat & I grew to love this reliability, so I'd be partial to that. Is the MU-X same mechanicals as D-MAX?
Basically yes. Same truck engine and gearbox and needs a good set of springs and shocks even more than the ute for on road work.
Old 06-09-2015, 02:29 PM   #66
FTe342
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
I was of course joking about the Ranger , a few didn't get it. And there's a reason Isuzu are now #1 in small, medium, and large trucks in Australia, reliability and fuel efficiency. And 2016 D-MAX will be twin turbo 2.5 and 70nm more torque and even better SFC.
Whether the 2.5 twin turbo turns out to be a better proposition in the long run only time will tell. Smaller engines punching out big numbers have to be suspect on longevity. Could be the case that the 3.0 current model becomes more desirable due to reliability
T3 TL50 #147 Silhouette Auto ESS - Brembos - Last of 3 in T3 spec, only AUIII TL50 ever built -14.2 sec @ 98mph bog stock. Only customer ordered T3 TL50 built, only LWB sedan plated AUIII and the last performance enhanced LWB sedan built by Ford Aust.

AUII Fairlane Ghia Sportsman 5.0L in Blue Pearl

OWN THE ROAD
FTe342 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2015, 02:34 PM   #67
FTe342
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey View Post
Rear suspension is not leaf spring like the ute. Instead its a solid axle with trailing arms and coil springs. Very capable off road as the travel is better than Dmax. Upgrade recommended if you are towing.

The MUX is selling very well judging by the number of new MUX members joining the Isuzu forums
T3 TL50 #147 Silhouette Auto ESS - Brembos - Last of 3 in T3 spec, only AUIII TL50 ever built -14.2 sec @ 98mph bog stock. Only customer ordered T3 TL50 built, only LWB sedan plated AUIII and the last performance enhanced LWB sedan built by Ford Aust.

AUII Fairlane Ghia Sportsman 5.0L in Blue Pearl

OWN THE ROAD
FTe342 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2015, 02:36 PM   #68
sprintman1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTe342 View Post
Whether the 2.5 twin turbo turns out to be a better proposition in the long run only time will tell. Smaller engines punching out big numbers have to be suspect on longevity. Could be the case that the 3.0 current model becomes more desirable due to reliability
Agree but Isuzu know their diesels and it's been available in other countries for a fair while now.
Old 06-09-2015, 02:40 PM   #69
sprintman1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTe342 View Post
Rear suspension is not leaf spring like the ute. Instead its a solid axle with trailing arms and coil springs. Very capable off road as the travel is better than Dmax. Upgrade recommended if you are towing.

The MUX is selling very well judging by the number of new MUX members joining the Isuzu forums

Our horse agistment mgmt had a BMW X5 and looked at everything and went with an MU-X. Fitted new rims and A/T tyres and bumper/winch in the first week and doing raised suspension and chip as well. No messing around that's for sure.
Old 06-09-2015, 03:30 PM   #70
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Different transmission. Oldie but bulletproof in fact never replaced/repaired one. Think Landcruiser 200 Series and they helped set Toyotas reliability reputation, now gone of course thanks to 'outsourcing'.
yeah the older style , well i dont know if it is older style , but the one they put behind everything from supra s to soarers/Lexus, and probably hilux/landcruisers i would also assume is of the same family would be pretty good,
we have 5 cars with aisin autos, and other than one purchased from a dude that regularly did burn outs in the car , they are all very good, one even suffers a blower and still runs well.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2015, 03:55 PM   #71
sprintman1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik View Post
yeah the older style , well i dont know if it is older style , but the one they put behind everything from supra s to soarers/Lexus, and probably hilux/landcruisers i would also assume is of the same family would be pretty good,
we have 5 cars with aisin autos, and other than one purchased from a dude that regularly did burn outs in the car , they are all very good, one even suffers a blower and still runs well.
Fit an ext trans cooler, as I recommend with all autos, and use synthetic fluid and they are damn tough.
Old 06-09-2015, 05:48 PM   #72
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

Quote:
Fit an ext trans cooler, as I recommend with all autos, and use synthetic fluid and they are damn tough.
I was of the belief that D-Max/Colorado used Dexron III in the the trans. I'm not sure about the newer model D-Max, though. There's no dipstick on the current model D-Max and checking the trans fluid level seems like a PITA..
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2015, 05:58 PM   #73
Falcon_Crazy
PX3 WildTrak & RTV

I was of the belief this thread was about the fact the Ranger outsold to Hilux...someone please give me back the time lost reading through this thread.

All be it just one month, and we trail YTD, its a milestone that Ford indeed need to be proud of. Yes there's a new HiLux round the corner - there's a new Ranger out there now (and yes, Ive one about to join my stable).

Come November when the next round of comparisons go, lets see how it sits then. What is clearly shows, price, that so many have hammered Ford for, is clearly not as big a barrier. Its a fine Ute that has just gotten better.

The rest have had to catch up, and if the current comparisons are anything to go by, Its still the VW and Ranger leading the way - I remain confident in the fine Australian engineering work that has gone on behind the PX Ranger.
BA Falcon RTV - Project Ute 265,000km
Sold PXII Ranger XLT Cool White. 105,000
Sold PX Ranger XLT in cool white, 151,700km on clock.
Sold FGII XR6T Ute LTD Edition in Kinetic.
Sold FG XR6 Ute
Sold BA Falcon RTV. 251,300km.Was a great mate for last 7 years

Sold AUII XLS Ute
Sold '85 XF & Crashed 84 XF
Falcon_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2015, 07:47 PM   #74
sprintman1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra View Post
I was of the belief that D-Max/Colorado used Dexron III in the the trans. I'm not sure about the newer model D-Max, though. There's no dipstick on the current model D-Max and checking the trans fluid level seems like a PITA..
Just like my BA Falcon BTR/Ion trans, fill hole and drain hole.
Old 06-09-2015, 07:49 PM   #75
sprintman1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon_Crazy View Post
I was of the belief this thread was about the fact the Ranger outsold to Hilux...someone please give me back the time lost reading through this thread.

All be it just one month, and we trail YTD, its a milestone that Ford indeed need to be proud of. Yes there's a new HiLux round the corner - there's a new Ranger out there now (and yes, Ive one about to join my stable).

Come November when the next round of comparisons go, lets see how it sits then. What is clearly shows, price, that so many have hammered Ford for, is clearly not as big a barrier. Its a fine Ute that has just gotten better.

The rest have had to catch up, and if the current comparisons are anything to go by, Its still the VW and Ranger leading the way - I remain confident in the fine Australian engineering work that has gone on behind the PX Ranger.
When I worked for the Ford dealer (used vehicle side) I was told delays for new Rangers into months, is that still the case?
Old 06-09-2015, 09:26 PM   #76
dallasv8
5.8 litres of fun

Mareeba ford in FNQ have a new xls in a gunmetal grey and a white xlt.
Plus a couple of the run-out style.
Also been one of the Gold xr8 there for a while too
Old 06-09-2015, 09:34 PM   #77
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

New Hilux looks like a nice place to sit

SM1DY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2015, 12:27 AM   #78
FG50T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's very Corolla!

FG50T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2015, 12:50 AM   #79
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Wow look at that....it is too.
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2015, 10:35 AM   #80
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM1DY View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but...

NP300 STX
Sunroof, reversing camera, leather, 7 spd, auto everything, 7L/100km, $54k ex. on-road costs.
Also the interior cr@ps on everything in the range.

Get the drive line right and they'll sell well.