Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 18-12-2015, 08:39 AM   #1
BLUEYBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Baby Milk Powder supply to China

Quote:
Originally Posted by msman View Post
just a general Q prescription formula?
is it just a special formula which is available for general sale and discounted if you have medical issues and thus a script (PBS).

for those that need a special formula because of medical issues, mother not able to provide her own or upset stomachs or something even worse as per other posts, maybe it needs to be added to the pbs system, anyone know if items on pbs has supply clauses on it which means easy availability for patients?

i don't think the problem is the people going in and buying everything, its that we do not have systems in place to insure supply for locals who genuinely need it.
getting ****ed off at people who have found a niche in the market and created a new industry is pointless if they didn't do it someone else would of just have been a little while later.

Yeah its a special formula called Neocate (I think, a while ago now) its under PBS and you get a script from a paediatrician not GP. They use to only come in half size tins and they cost around $100 a tin off the shelf. So a script with repeats would have cost like $3K off the shelf but with PBS it was like $20 for 4 tins. This was back in 2004. Thank God for the PBS otherwise I don't know how we would have done it
1995 EF Fairmont - Tickford Enhanced
1980 ZL Fairlane in Brambles red
BLUEYBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post