Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 10:16 AM   #31
FPV0137

Default Re: Selective TV news reporting???

We only get the news that Mr. Turnbull allows us to see.
Not sure if the media can get more selective than that lol
Old 02-03-2016, 10:23 AM   #32
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

I feel dirty for posting a news.com.au link, but:

http://www.news.com.au/world/europe/...484edb2a3107f8

Cliffnotes:

* Nanny has serious mental issues - hearing voices, "driven mad" etc
* Cries out "Allahu Akbar", "I hate democracy. I am a terrorist. I want you dead", etc
* Claims mental breakdown due to her husband back in Uzbekistan starting a new family
* Russian media creates blackout due to the unprecedented brutality of the footage. Kremlin denies blackout order but supports decision. International media also supports blackout.
Old 02-03-2016, 10:45 AM   #33
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorwire View Post
We only get the news that Mr. Turnbull allows us to see.
Not sure if the media can get more selective than that lol
Are you serious?
2 users like this post:
Old 02-03-2016, 10:58 AM   #34
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
Why do you mention the religion? I'm not Muslim but the actions of one person should have no bearing on a particular religion or race.
Why does religion come in to it??

The fact she parades a head of a child yelling "allah akba" "I'm a terrorist" "I hate democracy", wearing a prayer outfit because the voices told here to.

No, obviously nothing to do with being a muslim or religion.
4 users like this post:
Old 02-03-2016, 11:02 AM   #35
Iggle Piggle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

On the school run yesterday saw a bumper sticker that was something along the lines of "Did you get all the news today or is your News Limited".
2 users like this post:
Old 02-03-2016, 11:41 AM   #36
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
Why do you mention the religion? I'm not Muslim but the actions of one person should have no bearing on a particular religion or race.

I saw the story on news.com.au but chose not to read it, just like I choose not to read most of those types of stories.

I have no doubt though that if it was aired on more wide stream media, then like you, religion probably would have been mentioned also.

Safe bet that's why you didn't hear about it on the tv or radio.
Because the crime was committed in the name of their muslim god, the perpetrator proclaimed this herself.

Pretty sure if a Christian or Buddhist killed a baby in the name of their god and then paraded the severed head around public street screaming out religious slogans people would mention that as well.

Why are you afraid to call it what it is??

How often do we see Christians/Buddhists (name your religion)etc parading around the streets with severed heads in this day and age?? Yet it seems to be a common and quite popular practice usually done by persons following the muslim faith.

Every other week (probably happens more than we know anyway as only the tip of the iceberg would actually reach our media) some poor bugger get their head cut off or gets burned alive or thrown off buildings or stoned to death all in the name of allah.

If the majority of muslims and muslim leaders in general do not agree with this behaviour they should speak up against it publicly, but they don't, so by their silence many (including myself) would assume that they agree with these actions of the deranged members of their faith doing these acts in the name of their religion and imaginary god.

Instead these perpetrators get promised great things in their next life as they have done a great job by killing infidels.

I have several muslim acquaintances, and some try and justify this sort of behaviour while fewer seem to speak against it when asked about their thoughts, I have one good friend who was a Muslim and he denounced his faith after 9/11 and is now a devout atheist. Another of my muslim friends went the other way and we are no longer friends.

At the end this is all about my imaginary friend is better than your imaginary friend Really it's 2016 and every sane person should by now realise that there are no imaginary friends

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Last edited by GasoLane; 02-03-2016 at 01:38 PM.
5 users like this post:
Old 02-03-2016, 12:03 PM   #37
Jess1992

They mention her religion because she was holding a severed head yelling "God is great". I know some like to apologise for this religion but news should report the religion when it's relevant.

And if they didn't mention Muslim and just reported the incident, most people would assume a person holding a severed head yelling allah akbah is religious
4 users like this post:
Old 02-03-2016, 12:37 PM   #38
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Funny how we're so fixated these days on Muslims and any negative news that involves one gets reported, picked to pieces and conclusions are drawn that they are all bad, every one of the billions.of them worldwide.
Yet many priests who are the mouthpieces of the Catholic Church and who rape young boys and girls get typically 5 -10 yrs in prison and we think nothing bad of their religion overall.In fact many Catholics are claiming a witchhunt in regards to the current Royal Commission.
It seems there's a reluctance to admit ones own religion is just as bad in its own way as any other
This user likes this post:
Old 02-03-2016, 12:59 PM   #39
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx000 View Post
Funny how we're so fixated these days on Muslims and any negative news that involves one gets reported, picked to pieces and conclusions are drawn that they are all bad, every one of the billions.of them worldwide.
Yet many priests who are the mouthpieces of the Catholic Church and who rape young boys and girls get typically 5 -10 yrs in prison and we think nothing bad of their religion overall.In fact many Catholics are claiming a witchhunt in regards to the current Royal Commission.
It seems there's a reluctance to admit ones own religion is just as bad in its own way as any other
Two wrongs don't make a right, these matters have been extensively reported as well and everyone is aware of them that follows the news.

We are fixated on muslims as they are the only ones running around the streets with severed heads yelling 'god is great' and posting videos on the internet of innocent people getting beheaded and burned alive and stoned to death and shooting innocent civilians on Sydney streets all in the name of allah and their religion.

By the way I don't follow any religion, an imaginary god does not make you a good person, being a good person and doing the right thing does.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

3 users like this post:
Old 02-03-2016, 01:01 PM   #40
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx000 View Post
I am happy to call a spade a spade, no matter who, what, when, where. The Catholic Church should be called to account, absolutely. But then so should any other group who offends against humanity, but hypocritically, it is OK for many to point out the sins of Western cultural groups or societies, but defend the indefensible when it comes to minority or non Western activities. We can thank these hypocritical, self loathing values for the disaster that is about to unfold in the US, when Donald Trump becomes President because of a wave of resentment against these 'progressive' policies...
3 users like this post:
Old 02-03-2016, 01:15 PM   #41
Trump
bitch lasagne

The question I ask is, are they actually running around the streets holding heads screaming "allah akbar" or are we being "shown" that they are? There is a difference.
This user likes this post:
Old 02-03-2016, 01:22 PM   #42
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd suggest that the all too numerous instances of child rape by priests gets nothing like the attention any act by a Muslim gets especially on social media.
These acts are directly linked to the church as they involve grooming and positions of trust
If we're going to ban one religion ban them all.
We have nothing to do with my wife's gay Catholic priest uncle as we find him to be a hypocrite who is so very selective in his actions, beliefs and values. Interestingly he and Pell can't stand one another
I'm an atheist btw
Old 02-03-2016, 01:31 PM   #43
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud_Noises View Post
The question I ask is, are they actually running around the streets holding heads screaming "allah akbar" or are we being "shown" that they are? There is a difference.
Are you suggesting that all those ISIS atrocity and other massacre videos by Islamic extremists uploaded to the net are not telling the 'full story'?

(I am not having a crack at you because I do understand your point...)
Old 02-03-2016, 01:38 PM   #44
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Did see something briefly on FB just after it happened but paid no attention to it.
Old 02-03-2016, 01:38 PM   #45
Jess1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud_Noises View Post
Well yes a lot of them actually are. Don't bother with the mainstream news because they won't show you videos which are filmed on a daily basis. Visit a website call barenakedislam and see the videos posted daily there
Old 02-03-2016, 01:40 PM   #46
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
Are you suggesting that all those ISIS atrocity and other massacre videos by Islamic extremists uploaded to the net are not telling the 'full story'?

(I am not having a crack at you because I do understand your point...)
Not even close to the whole story. They are part of an agenda that transcends the usual red/blue politics. The mainstream media are a very important part of this agenda as the masses by and large swallow the tripe they present as news without even batting an eyelid.
Old 02-03-2016, 01:46 PM   #47
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

What started out as Selective TV news reporting thread has turned into a Muslim vs Catholic religious one, when it could have mentioned a number of other 'selective news' events.

What a surprise............. Closed
Closed Thread